The Insanity of Internet Trolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Insanity of Internet Trolling

It is scary how much time and energy some people devote to trolling on the internet. I'm talking about people who spend day after day, year after year, posting thousands of comments on message boards and forums.

I see people on imdb, who have been bashing the same movie every day for years.

I see people on sports message boards who have spent years arguing over the most trivial bs imaginable.

I can see how occasionally trolling a board could be entertaining, but at some point don't you have to step back and "Dear God, what the hell have I done with my life?"

It's sad, depressing, and a bit frightening to see people waste their lives trying to make other people as miserable as they are. You aren't convincing anyone you are right. You aren't accomplishing anything. You aren't doing anything but pissing your life away.
    Last edited by mennonite; 05-30-2014, 06:54 PM.

Your profile name, does that mean the religious group? Always wondered what it was about. How much different than Amish?

Also, admittedly trolls reel me in everytime.

Comment

People are losers, that is no shock

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
        Your profile name, does that mean the religious group? Always wondered what it was about. How much different than Amish?.
        We are nothing like the Amish. NOTHING.

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
        People are losers, that is no shock
        Being a loser is one thing. Spending hours every day on some insane quest to validate your opinions about something trivial is.... ummmm.... crazy.
        Last edited by mennonite; 05-30-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

*fankadeo

This guy was originally banned for saying something horrible about a family member of mine. I believe my mother. I wished she would be raped and killed after I disagreed with him regarding President Obama. I reported him, and he was banned.

The then proceeded to create at least 5 new Orangemane screen names in order to troll me.

He also:

Found out my real full name, created a twitter account with my full name (which was shutdown).

Created really odd, creepy youtube video's where he created me as a WWE type wrestler, wrestling other people in some PS3 wrestling game.

He also has told me that it isn't going to stop...ever.

Here are some of the "reps" comments he has left on my CP:

Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:42 PM DivineBronco run it with your dead mom
          Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:25 PM DivineBronco ah ha...**** your dead mother
          General College... 11-01-2013 02:58 AM fankadeo ya just need to know that when you are dick to people there are consequences

I have dozens upon dozens of these comments on my CP.

I've tried getting mods on here to get rid of him, but they haven't done much about it.
          Last edited by StugotsIII; 05-30-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Who's this dude? Fankadeo? Never seen him

Edit. Went and looked it up. Dude doesn't really like you.
            Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 05-30-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I'm confused already...

Comment

Originally posted by StugotsIII View Post
                *fankadeo

This guy was originally banned for saying something horrible about a family member of mine. I believe my mother. I wished she would be raped and killed after I disagreed with him regarding President Obama. I reported him, and he was banned.

The then proceeded to create at least 5 new Orangemane screen names in order to troll me.

He also:

Found out my real full name, created a twitter account with my full name (which was shutdown).

Created really odd, creepy youtube video's where he created me as a WWE type wrestler, wrestling other people in some PS3 wrestling game.

Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:42 PM DivineBronco run it with your dead mom
                Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:25 PM DivineBronco ah ha...**** your dead mother
                General College... 11-01-2013 02:58 AM fankadeo ya just need to know that when you are dick to people there are consequences

I've tried getting mods on here to get rid of him, but they haven't done much about it.
                That's some crazy single white female ****. I'm surprised that he's allowed back here.

Comment

I didn't intend for this to be a thread calling out particular users. There are a few users here who fit what I'm describing as "long term troll/crazy" but you can find that on most message boards.

I actually hope this can be constructive. Hopefully someone will look at this and realize that they they aren't doing themselves or anyone else any good by posting endless streams of negative or hostile posts.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. This user from IMDB has been complaining about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) daily for more than six years.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur1489392/

Hundred and hundreds of posts, day after day, devoting a huge chunk of his life complaining about a ****ty movie.

Sound crazy? Now how many users at the OM can you name that have done the exact same thing? That's a rhetorical question by the way.
                  Last edited by mennonite; 05-30-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StugotsIII View Post
                    *fankadeo

He also:

That person is vile.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                      I didn't intend for this to be a thread calling out particular users. There are a few users here who fit what I'm describing as "long term troll/crazy" but you can find that on most message boards.

I actually hope this can be constructive. Hopefully someone will look at this and realize that they they aren't doing themselves or anyone else any good by posting endless streams of negative or hostile posts.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. This user from IMDB has been complaining about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) daily for more than six years.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur1489392/

Hundred and hundreds of posts, day after day, devoting a huge chunk of his life complaining about a ****ty movie.

Sound crazy? Now how many users at the OM can you name that have done the exact same thing? That's a rhetorical question by the way.
                      Come on, let's name them. This thread will be off the main page by morning of we don't but could have the potential to go 30 pages and 3-5 bans if we do.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                        That's some crazy single white female ****. I'm surprised that he's allowed back here.
                        I am too...

I've brought it to the attention of the powers that be and he is still here.

Comment

Trust me. Eff the haters. Let them have some hater-aid and some hater-tots. It pisses them off when you rock it. I deal with them in my job 24-7. Perspective brother...

Comment

Lol at the mod making my post say wanna chill n a snuggie with haters. Change my post homeboy. I am not gay dude. (Not that theres anything wrong with that)

Comment

I was kinda that way about Shannahan, i really wanted him to be fired....like....alot.

Comment

Working...
                              X