Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1985 - Tie Game - Put yourself in the moment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1985 - Tie Game - Put yourself in the moment

    I love this video as much as any Broncos video... To watch this moment in Broncos history live was to feel like you were alive for the first time...

    Get in the moment. Feel it the tie. The anguish... and what comes next...

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/szknfPAn-jE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  • #2
    Time out? Time out? Louis Wright? See if I am correct as I just hit start on video.

    Comment


    • #3
      Damn, wish I was older to experience that game. I was about 5 months old at the time.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was correct! Another great game is vs the Rams in 85. Reeves being all conservative for the first 3 quarters and then Elway finally gets the reigns off and gets the comeback win including a 32 yard touchdown run (one of his best of all time).

        Comment


        • #5
          I remember the call from Larry Zimmer on the radio, as an 8 year old. It was like a miracle struck twice, and they've been happening ever since.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Taco John View Post
            I love this video as much as any Broncos video... To watch this moment in Broncos history live was to feel like you were alive for the first time...

            Get in the moment. Feel it the tie. The anguish... and what comes next...

            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/szknfPAn-jE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            Love it!

            Comment


            • #7
              I feel sorry for those Denver fans that never got to see Louis Wright play.

              Just like I will for those who won't have seen Champ play.

              Comment


              • #8
                That was the moment in time when I became a die-hard Bronco fan for life. I was seven, and remember it like it was yesterday.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                  That was the moment in time when I became a die-hard Bronco fan for life. I was seven, and remember it like it was yesterday.
                  I was in 5th grade, and it was the same for me. I watched the Broncos with my Dad before that, but I was mostly just an observer. It was that moment that I became a fan for life.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think this was the same day that plane crashed at Stapleton... not sure the exact dates but is was a late Sunday evening after a game...

                    Edit, that was 1985 vs 1987, it's been a while...
                    Last edited by KipCorrington25; 05-29-2014, 11:44 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oh and by the way NBC was so much better than that commercial fest CBS puts out, this smae series of events would have taken 10 minutes longer with 9 minutes more commercials now...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
                        Oh and by the way NBC was so much better than that commercial fest CBS puts out, this smae series of events would have taken 10 minutes longer with 9 minutes more commercials now...
                        Hard to blame CBS for that given how much they have to pay these days for the rights.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Broncos in their best uniforms ever.

                          And Pat Bowlen in the fur coat as well?

                          Instant Classic, just on the clothing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was a young teen when this game happened. 1985 was such a dissapointing year. Effing Browns made the playoffs at 8-8 and we stayed home after going 11-5. Pretty sure this is the year Karlis lost two games hitting the uprights. I was at the Raider game when he did that the first time.

                            This game I was soooooo pissed when they waved off the first block. I didnt realize we called timeout and thought we were offsides or something. Then to come back and do it again, amazing.

                            Also, you cant watch any footage from 20 or more years ago without realizing how much kickers sucked back then. Even worse in the 70's. Rewatch some games from that decade and it was a total crapshoot if a kicker could make it. Even extra points were not a sure thing back then.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The GREAT Dennis Smith blocks both of these kicks, although he is obviously is only credited with one, because of Mike Harden's timeout call.

                              Just for good measure Dennis Smith blocked one in the first half too. 3 FG blocks in one game (credited with 2). Not too shabby eh??

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X