X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex Ryan uses false stat to pump up Eric Decker and take shot at Tim Tebow

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...171608213.html

This is brilliant on so many levels.

When asked if Eric Decker can become the New York Jets' No. 1 wide receiver, head coach Rex Ryan had a great retort.

"[Decker] did catch eight touchdown passes when [Tim] Tebow was the quarterback," Ryan said, via Newsday. "Hey, that's pretty impressive."
    We're not sure which part we like best.

There's ...

A. The fact that Ryan didn't really choose to answer the question directly.

B. The way Ryan managed to diss his old QB as a method of semi-pumping up his new receiver.

Or, C. The fact that Ryan's stat isn't actually correct. Not really close, even.

We'll go with D. All of the above, please. And let's dissect these one at a time.

Still, the Jets need Decker to be something prominent, you know? Ryan might not call him a true No. 1, but he did indicate that Decker would be their featured wideout.

"Clearly, [Decker] is going to be a go-to guy," Ryan said. "We know what we're getting. This is going to be a guy that you can get him the ball in critical situations."

----------------------------------------------------

here you go Rex

I think we need to hear what Wes Welker thinks of these comments by Ryan.

(Cue the video of the Q & A before the Patriots vs Jets game a few years back)

"We have to be good foot soldiers"

Comment

Breaking news:

Rex Ryan bangs two rocks together, startles himself and drops them. Tebow commentary? You decide...

Comment

No hate for Decker here. The guy is a very good WR.

The Jets finished 8-8 last year with probably the worst QB in the NFL. That QB should be immensley better and if not they have Vick. I think they can make the playoffs this year. Anyone handing the division to NE might be surprised. Buffalo, Miami and The Jets all should be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post

The Jets finished 8-8 last year with probably the worst QB in the NFL. That QB should be immensley better and if not they have Vick. I think they can make the playoffs this year. Anyone handing the division to NE might be surprised. Buffalo, Miami and The Jets all should be better.
          Add in that Brady is in decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
            here you go Rex

Dude. Gross.

Comment

Decker gets hurt by week 2 and then limps and trips through the rest of the year with plenty of excuses... oh and Jessie James gets all kinds of PR in NY so mission accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
                Dude. Gross.
                I know right?

Comment

Decker did an overall good job in Denver. I wonder what the NY media will say the first time he trips over air on his way to a sure TD?

Comment

I always thought Decker was a good Wide Receiver. Never thought he was a great one. I know there are factors to consider other than one's NFL career, but I think that two years from now, Decker is going to be kicking himself for not signing with the Colts. He would have had yet another QB that can make him look better than he is and a competent receiving corp surrounding him that would prevent teams from double-covering him on most downs.

If he was intent on going to a New York team, he would have been much better served by landing on the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post

As long as Brady plays, the Patriots will win that Division- he's too good, and they got to the ACFCCG on fumes...

Buffalo is going to be a good team this year, IF EJ Manuel progresses. Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Spiller, F. Jackson and upgrades ont he O-Line- that will be tough unit to defend. Not too mentioned they got that MLB run stuffer they need to compliment the sack factory D-line.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                        I know right?

Nothing a pair of high heels can't fix.

Comment

and another thing, I don't miss Decker one bit. That crying for flags **** was getting old, and Manning made him look like a Golden Boy. Let him go play faux #1 on the Jests...

Comment

Have fun with that

Comment

It's pretty nit-picky. He caught five instead of eight.

Comment

Working...
                              X