No announcement yet.

HBO on Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also some great historical drama mini series like Band of Brothers, Generation Kill and to a lesser degree The Pacific.

Comment

Two pages in and not one vote for Oz?

Liked it a tad better than Sopranos actually. (Ran concurrently)

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
        I had a hard time getting into Boardwalk. After binge watching all of Breaing Bad, The Sopranos and Game of Thrones in 2-3 months time, I think Boardwak just had too big of shoes to fill at the time. Maybe I'll go back to it.
        Watch The Wire before you watch Boardwalk...

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
          I learned to like Treme more for the music and less for the overacting by very good actors.

Same dude who did the Wire and or Soprano's I think.

Any show that promotes early popular music (i.e. Jazz or Jass as it was called back then) should be mandatory viewing.
          David Simon (of The Wire) also did Treme.

I’m reading Simon’s book “The Corner” right now. It’s a wonderful read, practically better than watching The Wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
            Deadwood

also The Wire
            AL Swearengen is one of the gretaest TV Characters ever. Calamity Jane wasn't half bad either.

Comment

No love for Oz?

Boardwalk Empire is great, the 1st season is a little slow but it really pays off in season 2.

Deadwood is one of my favorite series of all time. Really disappointed they didn't finish it.

Sopranos is, of course, fantastic.

Enjoying Silicon Valley right now, but mostly for the IT in-jokes.

Eastbound and Down is hilarious.

Comment

I'm binging through The Shield on Amazon Prime currently, but I've got The Wire slated next. I'm hesitant to get into Deadwood given I know the story never finishes...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco X View Post
                  I'm binging through The Shield on Amazon Prime currently, but I've got The Wire slated next. I'm hesitant to get into Deadwood given I know the story never finishes...
                  The writers wrote the third season as if it could be the last, from what I've heard.
                  Last edited by Bronc0guy; 05-29-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio View Post
                    No love for Oz?

Boardwalk Empire is great, the 1st season is a little slow but it really pays off in season 2.

Deadwood is one of my favorite series of all time. Really disappointed they didn't finish it.

Sopranos is, of course, fantastic.

Enjoying Silicon Valley right now, but mostly for the IT in-jokes.

Eastbound and Down is hilarious.
                    Oz is disturbing, as I'm sure it was intended to be. I just can't get past all the rape and such. Serves more as a reminder as to why I never want to go to prison, instead of an entertaining show.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco X View Post
                      Oh don’t let that stop you. It’s not a situation like Lost where people got angry about time invested. Incredible show with the best writing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                        I watched the first couple episodes of boardwalk at some point in the last year or two. I didn't mind it, but the wife wasn't too excited about it after the first couple so we moved onto something else. I think it was walking dead.
                        The slow starts to most of HBO's shows seem to put a lot of people off. I only got around to properly watching The Wire after my old housemate made me watch beyond the first three episodes and bam, what a show.

Currently on season 2 of the Sopranos at the moment. Loving life.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty View Post
                          The slow starts to most of HBO's shows seem to put a lot of people off. I only got around to properly watching The Wire after my old housemate made me watch beyond the first three episodes and bam, what a show.

Currently on season 2 of the Sopranos at the moment. Loving life.
                          Sopranos just gets better as it goes, IMO.

Comment

Don't forget about Rome. Rome is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X