HBO on Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    Are True Detective and/or Veep available?
    No TD (DVD June 10th, so probably after that, but doubt Prime for a couple of years)

Veep has 2 seasons, but neither are Prime

Comment

True Detective is excellent. There is a scene that spans several neighborhood blocks filmed 6 minutes in real time with no cuts that is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
        A week or so ago a ton of HBO's back catalog of shows was made available for streaming for Amazon Prime members.

I've got about 10 episodes of Season 5 Breaking Bad to get through, then I need to find something else.

Game of Thrones is notably not included. But any other suggestions on any other old HBO series?
        Deadwood & Rome are two pretty good older HBO shows that are at least in part based on historical characters & fact--Deadwood more so than Rome. And both are well written and acted, but unfortunately only made it 2 or 3 seasons.

Comment

Carnivale, if you like David Lynch-y type things

Comment

Loved Newsroom.

Comment

I learned to like Treme more for the music and less for the overacting by very good actors.

Same dude who did the Wire and or Soprano's I think.

Any show that promotes early popular music (i.e. Jazz or Jass as it was called back then) should be mandatory viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosSR View Post
                Loved Newsroom.
                Oh I forgot about Newsroom, saw a few episodes and it is extremely well done. Is that on Prime. I have Prime I gotta go check it out.

That will be my next series marathon if available.

EDIT; 30 bucks for season 1 NOT ON PRIME YET.
                Last edited by baja; 05-28-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                  this is WAY old most of you kids wont even remember it 1st and 10...it was good series. It was about football...think it was a series on HBO in the late 80s early 90s
                  I remember that, Delta Burke before she went to some chick show who's name I cannot remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                    yeah Im not the only oldie.... yeah she went to play on Designing Women Suzanne SugarBaker,,,, do ya remember Simon and Simon she married the Gerald Rainey the darker haired one...
                    I am have to go down stairs and check if my ex wife is posting under this handle.

That is a post she would make.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                      How could I forget about Boardwalk Empire...
                      One of my favorites. I remember my kids used to love Spawn. Liked Inside the NFL when it started on HBO. And America Undercover.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                        How could I forget about Boardwalk Empire...
                        I had a hard time getting into Boardwalk. After binge watching all of Breaing Bad, The Sopranos and Game of Thrones in 2-3 months time, I think Boardwak just had too big of shoes to fill at the time. Maybe I'll go back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                          I had a hard time getting into Boardwalk. After binge watching all of Breaing Bad, The Sopranos and Game of Thrones in 2-3 months time, I think Boardwak just had too big of shoes to fill at the time. Maybe I'll go back to it.
                          I watched the first couple episodes of boardwalk at some point in the last year or two. I didn't mind it, but the wife wasn't too excited about it after the first couple so we moved onto something else. I think it was walking dead.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                            I watched the first couple episodes of boardwalk at some point in the last year or two. I didn't mind it, but the wife wasn't too excited about it after the first couple so we moved onto something else. I think it was walking dead.
                            The wife probably won't be too keen on The Sopranos either, lol. Not on HBO, but Sons of Anarchy and Justified are great shows, both on amazon prime.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                              I don't have Amazon Prime right now, but it's such a good deal.

1. Free 2-day shipping on everything purchased through Amazon
                              2. Netflix-like viewing content
                              3. No tax on all purchases through Amazon in CO

What's not to like?
                              Taxes. Will let prime run out in 6 months and find other places to shop.

Comment

Wow, no one mentions True Blood? It has gotten to the point that it really needs to end but the first few seasons were excellent. I second Rome and the Sopranos as well.

Also Entourage, another series that was great early on then started to fade.

Comment

Working...
                                X