The World Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World Wars

Starting in a few mins....got some good publicity....looking forward to this.

is this the history channel that has dedicated itself to the faux reality shows set in pawn shops and in the cabs of trucks?

Comment

thanks for reminding me. Will check it out.

Comment

The World Wars

Anyone else watching this? Kinda nice to see History channel actually do shows on history.

Comment

I'm currently watching National Geographic Channel on Charlie Company and American Heroes Channel on Chosin, Korea War. The show TURN (Spy show during American Revolution) isn't on today to give us some Vietnam movies from the 80s. Sad day to remember those that died for us but I do love the history and movies on Wars.

Archer, you should watch the NASA channel on the Landing of the Moon special.

Comment

Ah. Will merge. Didnt even see the other one.

Gracias.

Comment

http://io9.com/sobering-images-show-...s-a-1581624280

Some really cool pictures here.

Comment

Damnit. I forgot to set my dvdr. Did we win?

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                  Anyone else watching this? Kinda nice to see History channel actually do shows on history.

LMAO. I used to watch that channel all the damn time. Until they started with their never ending lame series shows. It used to be a great channel 5 years ago when they actually had shows talking about history. What a disaster that channel has become. Discovery has been going down that same road too. What a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

I wonder if it is the history they want to tell or the history that actually happened?

That channel has a pretty slanted agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                      I wonder if it is the history they want to tell or the history that actually happened?

That channel has a pretty slanted agenda.

I didn't watch (don't have cable) but apparently the US Army had M5 light tanks, circa 1944, in 1918....

I think their grasp on history is as good as their reality programming.

Comment

I'm pretty sure history channel would like to focus solely on history,but in this day and age not enough people watching. History channel like any other network needs revenue to keep going.

Comment

Pass seen enough specials that hav been created over the past 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                            I'm pretty sure history channel would like to focus solely on history,but in this day and age not enough people watching. History channel like any other network needs revenue to keep going.
                            Yeah. There's a demographic that will drive ratings up, and unfortunately it's the least common denominator. But more bodies watching = more money. Content will suffer accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              Yeah. There's a demographic that will drive ratings up, and unfortunately it's the least common denominator. But more bodies watching = more money. Content will suffer accordingly.
                              And all they have to do is *not* call themselves The History Channel. Plenty of other networks have changed their names as their programming as changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X