Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You on Memorial Day

Thank You on Memorial Day

For every veteran and every active duty soldier and individual in military uniform — thank you. Thank you for the sacrifice you continue to make every day on our behalf. And for every family who’s lost a soldier due to service to their country — thank you. Thank you for your family member who’s made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. No words can ever express the debt we owe these brave men and women.

Well said, and thank all of you. We are all brothers and sisters no matter how long or where you served or what branch. One of my favorite things to do is talk to the older vets when I am out, they are always so thankful and love talking.

US Navy vet here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
      Thank You on Memorial Day

For every veteran and every active duty soldier and individual in military uniform — thank you. Thank you for the sacrifice you continue to make every day on our behalf. And for every family who’s lost a soldier due to service to their country — thank you. Thank you for your family member who’s made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. No words can ever express the debt we owe these brave men and women.
      +1

Comment

Thank you to all servicemen past, present and yet to serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
          Thank you to all servicemen past, present and yet to serve.

Comment

It was an honor and a privilege. Retired USAF here. God bless the USA.

Comment

This thread is looking like a Veteran's Day thread not a Memorial Day thread. Those servicemen can no longer speak for themselves anymore as they gave their life to our country.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                This thread is looking like a Veteran's Day thread not a Memorial Day thread. Those servicemen can no longer speak for themselves anymore as they gave their life to our country.
                This. But it's a nice sentiment.

Comment

You're welcome. I was proud to serve the country. And the country did fine for me also. GI Bill, excellent training and topnotch high tech education. Good times in Europe with free travel back and forth. Paid meals and housing in Europe, didn't even have to fight a war, just had to be there just in case. The military made the future for me. 17 years old to get that opportunity two weeks out of high school, that level of free hightech education for a six year commitment, then the GI Bill to top it off afterwards. The military made my future, I pretty much owe every success I've had to the military.

Comment

My father, two sons, brother, daughter in law, all voiced the same sentiment for those that sacrificed all. They feel fortunate to serve or have served with the guys around them. While happy to not be honored today they are honored to participate in activites to honor their comrades and their families for the ultimate sacrifice. I am so thankful for their bravery and commitment to their country.

Comment

The sentiment is truly appreciated, it really is. However, Memorial Day is NOT our day. It belongs to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and their fellow servicemen and women. I find it interesting that almost all of the veterans and active duty personnel that feel this way are those of us who served in combat and have lost brothers in arms. Save the thanks on Memorial Day for the ones it belongs to, please. The families and those who spend the day in remembrance of their loss deserve nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                      X