• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Ward Not likely to be suspended

Excerpts from Denver Post article.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25...ward-get-1-900

Broncos' T.J. Ward accused of throwing mug at strip club bartender

Broncos safety T.J. Ward is accused of throwing a glass mug at a strip club bartender after she told him outside drinks were not allowed, according to court documents.

Ward appeared in Denver County Court on Friday and was issued a summons in connection with a disturbance at an all-nude strip club where he was partying with a teammate and a former Broncos player.

Authorities set a $1,900 bond for Ward, 27. His next court appearance is scheduled for June 23.

Denver police issued a warrant for Ward on Thursday, charging him with misdemeanor assault and disturbing the peace.

According to a Denver Police Department report, other staff members later told her it was Ward and that his entourage included Terrance Knighton, a Broncos defensive tackle, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, a cornerback who played for the Broncos last season and now is with the New York Giants.

Ward appeared in court Friday morning. The warrant was dismissed because it had been mistakenly issued by the police, his attorney, Abe Hutt, said. Instead, Ward was given a ticket and another court date. He was not arrested or booked at the jail.

Ward signed with the Broncos in mid-March as a free-agent safety. He spent his first four years in the NFL playing for the Cleveland Browns, after playing college football at Oregon.

Under NFL rules, Ward could be fined by the league for a misdemeanor offense, but a league-ordered suspension is considered unlikely.

Good news.

Its not like he was taking a male fertility pill, all he did was chuck a glass mug at a young cocktail waitress.

Comment

I never was worried. I'm glad TJ Ward is a thug. We need some thugs on this defense. Hopefully we win before he goes Romo on someone lol.

But yeah a player who wouldn't mind hurting a wr or two would help this defense.

Comment

Deliver plays like these and these mug throwing will all be part of who you are.

Comment

Good

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
            Good news.

Its not like he was taking a male fertility pill, all he did was chuck a glass mug at a young cocktail waitress.
            Test makes me fertile

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
              I never was worried. I'm glad TJ Ward is a thug. We need some thugs on this defense. Hopefully we win before he goes Romo on someone lol.

But yeah a player who wouldn't mind hurting a wr or two would help this defense.
              If only all the WRs in the NFL were young cocktail waitresses.

Comment

Dizzam!

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
                  I hope he's throwing more than a damn glass at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
                    Hopefully he will make a few of them look like cocktail waitresses. In fact next yr whenever he blows someone up I will say he made that player look like a cocktail waitress.

Comment

way to go TJ... way to be a total jackass!

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                        Let's all celebrate fame being above the law!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                        Fixed.

Comment

Yay good for TJ. Awesome I'll I care is he doesn't get suspended.

Comment

Now go to better strip clubs.!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                              Let's all celebrate fame being above the law!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                              What should he be charged with then? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X