X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over under Wins for NFL Season

Denver Broncos, 11
    Over (-140) / Under (+120)

Since 2003, when he's the full-time starting quarterback, Peyton Manning has won less than 11 games ONE TIME in a season (2010, when he won 10 with the Colts). This may be his toughest test yet, with a brutal schedule that include a strip to New England and matchups against the NFC West. But he's prepared: Montee Ball can be (will be?) a feature back soon and he's tossing to Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and Julius Thomas. The Eric Decker loss will be negligible. Ryan Clady is healthy. The defense is improved with Aqib Talib, Bradley Roby, T.J. Ward and Chris Harris returning. Von Miller comes back at some point. 11 won't be a cakewalk but betting against is betting on Peyton to get hurt, basically.
    VERDICT: OVER

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...tals-afc-picks

Chiefs, 8
    Over (-120) / Under (even)
    An easy, easy choice from 2013, the Chiefs crushed the over on their win total before their bye thanks to a 9-0 start. They weren't scaring the '72 Dolphins or anything, but they were a vastly improved unit from the two-win team that took the field before. There's reason to be cautious this season. The loss of Branden Albert, Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz should be a concern looking at Jamaal Charles and the rushing attack. Dee Ford was drafted because Tamba Hali is reportedly showing up overweight. And there's no secondary receiver behind Dwayne Bowe. They're somewhere between a seven- and nine-win team, so this number is right. Just not sure I trust the lack of moves.
    VERDICT: UNDER
    Chargers, 8
    Over (-120) / Under (even)
    The opposite of KC, the Bolts were the biggest surprise maybe of the entire 2013 NFL season. How Mike McCoy and Ken Whisenhunt nearly coerced 4,500 yards and 70 percent completions from Philip Rivers while essentially throwing to no one is beyond me. That's not to disrespect Keenan Allen: he looks like a stud, but you don't bank on your third-round rookie developing into a Pro Bowl player out of the blue when everyone else is hurt. The addition of Donald Brown is nice and I LOVE Jason Verrett via the draft. The schedule down the stretch -- Ravens, Pats, Broncos, 49ers, Chiefs -- is absolutely brutal. Cardinals-Seahawks to open is much better. But there's a meaty spot in the middle and if San Diego steals some wins again, well, they'll hit .500. Don't bank on them not overachieving.
    VERDICT: OVER
    Oakland Raiders, 5
    Over (+150) / Under (-150)
    Not the best odds for betting against the Raiders, which is a shame because betting against the Raiders can be a fruitful endeavor. I like what Reggie McKenzie did once he recovered from the Rodger Saffold nightmare during free agency and this Raiders team should be frisky. A lot can hinge on whether Derek Carr is "the guy" (I don't think he is, but if McKenzie likes him, he got a steal). Khalil Mack is going to dominate at the NFL level. Matt Schaub-James Jones-Maurice Jones-Drew is at least something that's worth talking about. I think. Maybe. The defense is old but it's at least better. My problem is the schedule. If they surprise the Chiefs and Chargers then maybe this over happens, but I just see a four-win schedule with their division and the NFC West involved as well.
    VERDICT: UNDER

Comment

You've gotta bet the over on Denver, but I predicted we would win exactly 11 games when the schedule was released.

Comment

Think the chiefs win 7 or 8. Chargers OVER, and your guess is as good as mine on Oakland. I want to say over with their improvements, but the schedule is brutal. NFC west and playing Denver twice...yikes.

Comment

Means a sweep of the division!

Comment

Broncos OVER 18 wins this season

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
              Broncos OVER 18 wins this season

Comment

But, but, but... The Chiefs had the best Defense in history last year!!

Until the blasted diarrhea all over the field at Lucas Oil.... **** the Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                  But, but, but... The Chiefs had the best Defense in history last year!!

Until the blasted diarrhea all over the field at Lucas Oil.... **** the Chiefs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    I take GREAT pleasure in that epic collapse...

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                      I take GREAT pleasure in that epic collapse...
                      Their playoff loss was almost as good as the Broncos' playoff run... I enjoyed it that much.

Comment

Working...
                      X