Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Plug Time

Hello All,

I've started a new side business stringing and dyeing lacrosse heads. This is just the test website I'm working on (plan on rolling out a real site this Fall).

http://gopherlax.bigcartel.com

If anyone is wondering about the Gopher theme, my masters team is named Bushwood so this was a fitting step.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Not too shabby!

Comment

Thanks Hades and Rev!

No idea how this will end but I do enough stringing that I had to test the waters.

Comment

I thought this was about butt plugs....

Comment

I think its awesome that you are starting your own business - this looks great!

I just wanted to say though that on my old monitor (1680 x 1050), when I click on the links on the top I can't see the content below the neat logo unless I scroll down - so it looks like nothing is happening when you click shipping, products, etc. I know this is a test site - but it took me a tiny bit of time to realize that was stuff going on below the logo.

Comment

Very cool man, and seriously good for you for having the balls to take a risk and put this out here.

I assume people can ship their equipment to you from everywhere? Lacrosse is pretty big here in Colorado, if your pricing is competitive there is certainly a market.

Comment

Good luck Ray. I didn't see your avatar anywhere on your site - big mistake.

Comment

oh that's awesome! I remember adding shoelaces to my old Brine shotgun for a smoother release

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
                  Hello All,

I've started a new side business stringing and dyeing lacrosse heads. This is just the test website I'm working on (plan on rolling out a real site this Fall).

http://gopherlax.bigcartel.com

If anyone is wondering about the Gopher theme, my masters team is named Bushwood so this was a fitting step.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
                  Cool. When the Gait brothers started their own brand back in the late 90's they created snap in pockets and a buddy and did all the stringing for them. It was a pain in the arse, but we had a good time anyway.

Congrats on the startup. I still have some contacts in the lax world that I can hook you up with if you're looking to expand your market.

Comment

i know a few MLL players i can see who they get this stuff from

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                      i know a few MLL players i can see who they get this stuff from
                      They get gear straight from company reps, and mostly do all their own stringing. High schoolers are the ones dropping money on gear.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                        I thought this was about butt plugs....
                        I think that would be shameful plug time. I will say that Finkle could add butt plugs to his inventory to widen his market appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          I think that would be shameful plug time. I will say that Finkle could add butt plugs to his inventory to widen his market appeal.
                          well played

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                            well played

Comment

Congrats and good luck bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X