Potential 2014 Disasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    8. Second Coverage LB - Who's going to cover the middle with Trevathan? Or will it be even wider open now that Wesley's gone?
    Ward, right?

Good thread.

Comment

Your scaring me bro!

Comment

I would think either Barrow or Ward. Nacho could play as the third safety.

Comment

I've already prepared myself for a Talib injury, so when it happens I won't be as pissed.

Comment

Good list, 2 additions for me

1) Talib staying healthy for the whole season

2) 3rd CB - Roby/Webster not being owned

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
              Ward's going to be busy at SS taking over for Nacho. Moore's our center-fielder.
              There's been a lot of talk of Ward moving down into a linebacker position in some situations. Of course that leaves us with a similar hole in passing situations to last year, which I'm not too cool with.

Comment

You forgot the mass injury bug that effected the team last year. Losing 6 plus starters would be detrimental to the team again. Manning could cover a lot of the holes until facing a good playoff team.

Comment

I figured he'd actually be lining up at linebacker, with another safety playing alongside Moore behind him.

Comment

Quick quote there, dude.

Comment

OL health and adaptation to position switches.

Clady at LT is fine, but it will be interesting to see if Franklin is good at G and Clark can stick at RT. If any one of those guys go down, it means we have a back-up guy coming in. Not sure what to expect. It is one of the reason's I think Justice makes the team as an OT.

Comment

DeMarcus Ware: do we get the 2013 version or the pre-2013 version?

Comment

I think we can turn it around:

1. Gase dials back the pass offense from 11 to 10.5 and leans on Montee Ball who shows some of the playmaking ability he had at Wisconsin and goes for 1800 and 20 TDs with Manning passing for another 40.

2. Von Miller returns to pre-injury and pre-suspension form and is the guy to beat all year in defensive player of the year polls.

3. Talib and Harris stay healthy and form a physical CB unit on the outside both jump some passes and end up with a handful of INTs each.

4. Demarcus Ware playing with one of his biggest fans in Von Miller refinds his all-pro form and drops 15 sacks and 6 FF.

5. Not to be outdone by he arrival of Ware and the return of Knighton, Wolfe and Sly Williams turn it up a notch take a blast from the spice weasel and the defense allow a paltry 2.8 yards per carry all year

6. Welker and Julius Thomas take over most of the catches Decker would have gotten and both end up with 1200+ yards and 12 TDs with Sanders, Caldwell and Latimer cleaning up the remains.

7. Clady's return and shifting Franklin to LG forms the most devastating left side in the league and Ball easily churns out 6 yards per carry on that side even when the other team knows what is coming.

8. The Holliday road magic returns and Sanders becomes the first Bronco to score 5 return TDs in a season.

9. Fox wins a damn challenge.

10. The season ends with a biblically drunk Matt Bowlen managing to barely not **** up slurring "This one is for John" as he hands the Lombardi trophy to coach Fox.

Comment

I really wish we had more info on Moore's condition. There were a lot of rumors swirling around the superbowl about how he was ready to practice. We've heard updates on Harris, Wolfe, Ware, Von, Vick and Clady....but nothing about Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                              9. Fox wins a damn challenge.
                              I can only suspend my disbelief so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                                You forgot the mass injury bug that effected the team last year. Losing 6 plus starters would be detrimental to the team again. Manning could cover a lot of the holes until facing a good playoff team.
                                we did face good playoff teams in the red hot chargers and patriots.

with those players on IR, i don't think we are better than the seahawks, but they are not 30pts better than we are. The team was unprepared for the most important game of the year. it showed on the very first snap. the seahawks came in and dominated us in every aspect. they beat us to a pulp. fox and the coordinators should of imposed fines on themselves for their approach to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X