Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del Rio Fluff article

Del Rio delighted in Denver's defensive additions

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Now, this is the kind of defense Jack Del Rio wishes he could have taken into the Super Bowl.

In the 3 1/2 months since Denver's 43-8 shellacking at the hands of the Seattle Seahawks, the Broncos have added DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward and Bradley Roby, fulfilling general manager John Elway's wishes to inject more toughness into his roster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/del-rio...0150--nfl.html

I guess Denver had Roby ranked 14th overall on their board. nice get getting him at 31. Now we will see if their evaluation process was correct.

I miss having the threat of someone like Romanowski or Lynch.

Comment

No mention of the players pushing the sled?

Comment

Originally posted by huh?? View Post
        Vickerson and Ward are enforcer types....I think we upgraded the intimidation factor,

Comment

Roby sounding better all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by huh?? View Post
            Ward can do the Lynch thing, but I miss having a thug that players were truly scared of. Not just a big hitter, but someone that the opposition was afraid he was one false move away from assaulting you on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
              Ward can do the Lynch thing, but I miss having a thug that players were truly scared of. Not just a big hitter, but someone that the opposition was afraid he was one false move away from assaulting you on the field.
              Be careful the hugs and kisses crowd might get upset.

Comment

I just hope they come out of the gate with a major chip on their shoulders.

Comment

With the league rules how they are, that sort of player barely exists anymore. There might be a few... but not many

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
                    Vickerson and Ward are enforcer types....I think we upgraded the intimidation factor,
                    Man, I hope so. That makes it much more exciting to watch!

Comment

Exactly. Someone who's reputation precedes him. Where opposing teams have to ask, "How are we going to handle this guy?" "Who's willing to risk getting broken?"

Comment

I don't condone this....but Vick has some nasty

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
                          I don't condone this....but Vick has some nasty
                          That is a lot of blubber on that DL. Unrein, Vick and Pot Roast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                            I just hope they come out of the gate with a major chip on their shoulders.
                            They did last year, that's for sure.

Now they just need a little luck on the health side, and go into the playoffs somewhat healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                              They did last year, that's for sure.

Now they just need a little luck on the health side, and go into the playoffs somewhat healthy!
                              Truth

Comment

Working...
                              X