• Bleed Orange
    replied
    I voted other: Julius Thomas

Leave a comment:

• Pick Six
    replied
    Originally posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
    I'm the only Ware vote?

Damn, Von is a headcase, if he's the key we're screwed.... sorry...
    I voted for Ware. I think he could be the front 7 leader. If we are going to make teams fear this defense, the front 7 is key...

Leave a comment:

• ShiftyEyedWaterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
    I'll concede that the 2012 version of Von would be our 2nd most important but I don't see us having that same guy in 14
    Probably not at first. I'm hopeful he can approach that level as the year goes on though. Especially if he's dropped some weight from last year. Even the Von we saw in '13 would be huge. Some people act like he was trash last year because he wasn't getting a sack every other play which wasn't the case at all.

Leave a comment:

• ATL-Eric
    replied
    I'll concede that the 2012 version of Von would be our 2nd most important but I don't see us having that same guy in 14

Leave a comment:

• ShiftyEyedWaterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
    Right, but my point was that last year we suffered more than losing just von, so you can't blame last years defense on the loss of Von alone. This year, if everyone stays healthy except (knock on wood) Von, the defense will still be really, really good imo.
    Agreed, but a healthy Von in addition to everyone else, makes it SCARY good.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
    Right but Von allows JDR so much flexibility on defense.

You cant double Von and Ware, Knighton usually occupies two blockers, throw in Sly, Jackson, or Wolfe and you really just pick your poison.
    Right, but my point was that last year we suffered more than losing just von, so you can't blame last years defense on the loss of Von alone. This year, if everyone stays healthy except (knock on wood) Von, the defense will still be really, really good imo.

Leave a comment:

• ShiftyEyedWaterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

You cant double Von and Ware, Knighton usually occupies two blockers, throw in Sly, Jackson, or Wolfe and you really just pick your poison.
    Yep. Hoping our D will get close to 2012 levels this year.
    Last edited by ShiftyEyedWaterboy; 05-17-2014, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LikeABoss5820
    replied
    Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
    The problem I have with this is it wasn't only Von that wasn't playing. Champ missed a lot of time, Woodyard missed some time, and Wolfe wasn't close to 100 %. Vick, Harris, Moore, and Wolfe all ended up on the IR. This year the Broncos have much better defense surrounding Von, and Ware to still put pressure on the QB if Von were not there.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
    I'm giving serious consideration to Trevathan. There probably isn't a Bronco I'd rather not lose over him at this point.
    There would definitely be a big dropoff from him to whoever takes his place (Barrow, Irving, Johnson, McCray)?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    I'm giving serious consideration to Trevathan. There probably isn't a Bronco I'd rather not lose over him at this point.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
    Yes. We won a lot of the regular season games without him. That is the Manning affect. Just having Peyton insures an 11 win season regardless of the rest of the team. But it is no coincidence that the D was dog**** last season when Von was either gone or not at his best. Especially when you consider that the D was basically equal in talent to the 2012 version but missing the best and most important player for the D.
    The problem I have with this is it wasn't only Von that wasn't playing. Champ missed a lot of time, Woodyard missed some time, and Wolfe wasn't close to 100 %. Vick, Harris, Moore, and Wolfe all ended up on the IR. This year the Broncos have much better defense surrounding Von, and Ware to still put pressure on the QB if Von were not there.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoMan4ever
    replied
    I think the fact that we won every game but one last season when Von was out disproves your point.
    I think if someone really wants to make an argument for someone other than dt it would be for Talib considering Harris is coming off injury and there's a size able drop off in talent at cb after him. Atleast until Roby gets his ears wet a little.
    Yes. We won a lot of the regular season games without him. That is the Manning affect. Just having Peyton insures an 11 win season regardless of the rest of the team. But it is no coincidence that the D was dog**** last season when Von was either gone or not at his best. Especially when you consider that the D was basically equal in talent to the 2012 version but missing the best and most important player for the D.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    I think CJ Andreson would be the feature back if Ball went down.
    That makes me feel so much better...

Leave a comment:

• NorCalBronco7
    replied
    Definitely Von.

Leave a comment:

• ShiftyEyedWaterboy
    replied
    We played our best football last year without Von. He's good but he can be replaced.
    They did well enough most of the time. There were games when Von was missed sorely though. The O playing as well as it did last year masked a lot of problems on D. Or at least made them secondary problems. If we want a shot at the SB this year, we need Von to come back strong IMHO. Hell, we need all of our injured players to come back strong. Von, followed by Clady, is the most important. Our lines didn't do **** in the SB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X