Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's The Second Most Important Player On The Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Maybe Knighton, but probably Miller. Not sure how our run defense would fair without Knighton though. There is a chance he anchors the whole shanbang.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
      Just to justify my selection a bit more, if we lose Clady, we still have Clark to fill in at LT and Franklin can move to LT. Line won't be as good as last year, but close.

      If we lose DT, we still have Welker, Saunders, J Thomas, Caldwell and Latimer with Manning still throwing the ball. If we lose Welker and have DT, we're even better off.

      If we lose Von or Ware, we're still left with 1 really good pass rusher and a good DL the rest of the way around.

      If we lose Ball we have who, Hillman?!?! Plus I think the Broncos are going to run more this year. Ball is our only running weapon at this point, and as good as Manning is, you still need to be able to run.

      He'd rank last as far as best player among the list, but you are only as good as you're weakest link, so that link is pretty important. Hillman is a much weaker link than Ball.
      I think CJ Andreson would be the feature back if Ball went down.

      Comment


      • #48
        Hard to predict Ware. He could be anywhere from our best defensive player to an injury bust. I think he will be a stud bcause an elbow problem not a big deal IMO.

        Ware even back to 80% of his prime, and Miller back to his old ways, would be a scary outside pass rush.

        It would be up to Williams/Wolfe having a big yr inside on 3rd down that would then maybe put our pass rush over the top.

        Comment


        • #49
          Any injury to an O-lineman typically means the QB will struggle for the remainder of the season. Clark's performance in place of Clady last year was a pleasant surprise (most of the time when a QB's blindside tackle suffers a season-ending injury in October, that team doesn't even make the playoffs) -- while Clark was surprisingly good and he deserves full credit for his performance, he isn't going to challenge the veteran Clady for the starting LT position.

          Comment


          • #50
            We played our best football last year without Von. He's good but he can be replaced. Now, if DT went down and we had to rely on a rook to come in and take his spot that could be a problem. It took DT and decker until week 6 in 2012 to get on the same page with manning. It would probably take Latimer longer. Everyone knows timing is key with wr's.
            Last edited by ATL-Eric; 05-17-2014, 05:42 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
              We played our best football last year without Von. He's good but he can be replaced. Now, if DT went down and we had to rely on a rook to come in and take his spot that could be a problem. It took DT and decker until week 6 in 2012 to get on the same page with manning. It would probably take Latimer longer. Everyone knows timing is key with wr's.
              You are aware that the majority of Defensive players individual numbers were higher with Von on the field?

              So many want to slam the guy for a few mistakes, but he is the engine for that Defense. Ware might end up having a similar affect, but right now we know how much Con is needed.

              And sure he can be replaced, but not for someone of equal ability.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                You are aware that the majority of Defensive players individual numbers were higher with Von on the field?

                So many want to slam the guy for a few mistakes, but he is the engine for that Defense. Ware might end up having a similar affect, but right now we know how much Con is needed.

                And sure he can be replaced, but not for someone of equal ability.
                I think the fact that we won every game but one last season when Von was out disproves your point.
                I think if someone really wants to make an argument for someone other than dt it would be for Talib considering Harris is coming off injury and there's a size able drop off in talent at cb after him. Atleast until Roby gets his ears wet a little.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Other! Has to be Osweiler IMO. Last year showed we could still win without Miller. If Manning goes down, and there are no further injuries, Osweiler becomes the most important player.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                    We played our best football last year without Von. He's good but he can be replaced. Now, if DT went down and we had to rely on a rook to come in and take his spot that could be a problem. It took DT and decker until week 6 in 2012 to get on the same page with manning. It would probably take Latimer longer. Everyone knows timing is key with wr's.
                    We had a good run defense without Von.

                    Pass rush was awful.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      It's Von Miller. But there's certainly a gap after top top 4. Miller, Clady & Demaryius are all up there for me. We lost the Super Bowl and played a majority of the year without 2 of our top 3 players in my opinion. Forget Ward, Talib & Ware, the Broncos are getting back two of our own All-Pros. It's not even fair when you really think about it.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by gunns View Post
                        Have to disagree. I do agree the OL was a cluster **** but I have to question whether one guy on the OL would have made a difference against all those defenders in the SB. No one on the offense could get anything done, WR, RB, or QB.
                        I'm not saying Clady would have made enough of a difference to change the outcome. He wouldn't have. I just think maybe he makes a bigger difference in that game than Von. Clady at LT has a ripple effect that makes the whole O-line better. You put him on the island and don't need to provide him any help. PM is not mobile and really needs a clean pocket to be comfortable. He couldn't get comfortable that whole game maybe Clady would have made enough of a difference to allow the O to get at least a little something done and keep the D off the field a little more.

                        Manning is by far the most important player on the team, and since keeping him clean and making him comfortable is so important to what this team does I went ahead and cast my contrarian vote for Clady.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                          We played our best football last year without Von. He's good but he can be replaced.
                          They did well enough most of the time. There were games when Von was missed sorely though. The O playing as well as it did last year masked a lot of problems on D. Or at least made them secondary problems. If we want a shot at the SB this year, we need Von to come back strong IMHO. Hell, we need all of our injured players to come back strong. Von, followed by Clady, is the most important. Our lines didn't do **** in the SB.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Definitely Von.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                              I think CJ Andreson would be the feature back if Ball went down.
                              That makes me feel so much better...

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                                I think the fact that we won every game but one last season when Von was out disproves your point.
                                I think if someone really wants to make an argument for someone other than dt it would be for Talib considering Harris is coming off injury and there's a size able drop off in talent at cb after him. Atleast until Roby gets his ears wet a little.
                                Yes. We won a lot of the regular season games without him. That is the Manning affect. Just having Peyton insures an 11 win season regardless of the rest of the team. But it is no coincidence that the D was dog**** last season when Von was either gone or not at his best. Especially when you consider that the D was basically equal in talent to the 2012 version but missing the best and most important player for the D.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X