Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
    Brutal question.

Von or Clady, pick or choose. I'd put them 2A/2B.

Defense wins championships but you also gotta keep your QB upright.

If i were to pick, i'd say Von, he allows us to do so many different things on defense.

Can certainly see the argument for Clady, it's like a shutdown CB leaving im on an island allowing help on the other parts of the line.

Still crazy they made the SB despite missing two cornerstone players.
    If we're talking long term, Von. While we still have Manning, the argument could be made for Clady.

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
      I feel much better about my poll now lol
      Lol he has 4 votes now!

Comment

I picked ball for 1 reason, I don't trust anyone else on the team to play RB. If there were any depth behind him, then it would be someone else. I think the other players are better, but the Broncos have ways to cover for their loss. Broncos did fine without Clady and Von last year.

Comment

Yeah, Ball is by far our best RB. I think I might feel better about putting Virgil Green in the backfield over Hillman.

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
            True... But, the O was also crap in the SB, in large part to the OL.
            Yup, O-line was probably the biggest reason for our Super Bowl loss. Which makes you think maybe you have to vote for Clady. Who would have made a bigger difference in that game? I'm thinking Von would have made a bigger difference against SD and NE, but Clady a bigger difference against Seattle. So, I don't know who the hell to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
              I picked ball for 1 reason, I don't trust anyone else on the team to play RB. If there were any depth behind him, then it would be someone else. I think the other players are better, but the Broncos have ways to cover for their loss. Broncos did fine without Clady and Von last year.
              Did not do fine without Von. Defense sucked.

Comment

#1 - Manning
                #2 - Manning
                #3 - Thomas

Look we did without Von for most of last year. I wouldn't want to try it without DT!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
                  #1 - Manning
                  #2 - Manning
                  #3 - Thomas

Look we did without Von for most of last year. I wouldn't want to try it without DT!
                  Manning makes receivers. I love DT, but with Peyton as your QB it doesn't really matter who is catching the ball.

Comment

great question. clady and fat miller didn't play last year and they went to a super bowl so i it can't be them. i think its dt.

Comment

I went with Clady and here's why, without protection Peyton chokes a big bowl of balls. So thing is yes he was fine with Clady's substitutes during regular season against piss poor defenses. When matched with defenses with some sort of not suckiness such as the Seahawks both in preaseason and in that ****ing crapbowl appearance, he had his ass handed to him on a platter. Peyton's kryptonite is not a secret, the dude is an OCD control freak. You get a defense capable of throwing him off his game and keeping it going he and thus our team are screwed in a bad Ben Roethlesberger bathroom kind of way. If PM is plan A, the rest of the plan has to be to protect his giant cranium. Our defense has to be decent enough to keep the other jackholes in check which they could've done even against Wilson and the Seahags had our offense scored any points and spent any time on the field to give our old semi decent defense a rest. Our defense rested on the laurels of it's vaunted offense, but said offense was used to weak AFC defense and rolled over most of them, but given Seahags much more robust defense coupled with a competent offense it was the NYG over the NE Patriots again.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                        Yup, O-line was probably the biggest reason for our Super Bowl loss. Which makes you think maybe you have to vote for Clady. Who would have made a bigger difference in that game? I'm thinking Von would have made a bigger difference against SD and NE, but Clady a bigger difference against Seattle. So, I don't know who the hell to choose.
                        Have to disagree. I do agree the OL was a cluster **** but I have to question whether one guy on the OL would have made a difference against all those defenders in the SB. No one on the offense could get anything done, WR, RB, or QB. Of course I'm not sure the addition of Von would have made enough of a difference that we would have won, but I also have to wonder if the score would have been as lopsided if there would have been more pressure on Wilson.

Comment

I'd have to choose both Von and Clady.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                            Did not do fine without Von. Defense sucked.
                            Defense sucked because we lost 6-7 starters at some point during the season.

Comment

I'm the only Ware vote?

Damn, Von is a headcase, if he's the key we're screwed.... sorry...

Comment

Just to justify my selection a bit more, if we lose Clady, we still have Clark to fill in at LT and Franklin can move to LT. Line won't be as good as last year, but close.

If we lose DT, we still have Welker, Saunders, J Thomas, Caldwell and Latimer with Manning still throwing the ball. If we lose Welker and have DT, we're even better off.

If we lose Von or Ware, we're still left with 1 really good pass rusher and a good DL the rest of the way around.

If we lose Ball we have who, Hillman?!?! Plus I think the Broncos are going to run more this year. Ball is our only running weapon at this point, and as good as Manning is, you still need to be able to run.

He'd rank last as far as best player among the list, but you are only as good as you're weakest link, so that link is pretty important. Hillman is a much weaker link than Ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X