Offseason superlatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    I'm just saying "all in" assumes the broncos are putting something at risk. If they were ****ing their cap for the next 20 years in an attempt to win this year, that's going all in.
    Well, they'll probably lose some players, it's part of being a good/successful team/franchise but every team does.

That said, i agree they are in decent cap shape despite the signings. Most of the contracts they can get out of after 1-2 years if they choose to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
      Because Den was fully healthy?
      Directly from my post:

And hopefully with the guys they're getting back from injuries ... they can be.

Comment

I'm talking about the style and pace.
        Yes, and I think the opponents had an awful lot to do with the "style and pace" we played. SD's and NE's defenses weren't remotely as good as Seattle's.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
          Because Den was fully healthy?

And SD gave Den the most trouble of all the AFC playoff teams, lowest PPG totals in both regular season games.

But, again, in that playoff game, the Broncos were completely dominant on O. They had some trouble in the red zone, but we didn't punt and held the ball for quite a long time. Its not like they slowed us down.

Comment

I'm just saying "all in" assumes the broncos are putting something at risk. If they were ****ing their cap for the next 20 years in an attempt to win this year, that's going all in.
            Theres a lot of risk in what the Broncos are doing, but Elways not afraid of the stakes or afraid to flop. And heres the kicker; he likes action and always has. Hes checked every turn there is and signed some of the best FA available. When you sign Ware, Ward, and Talib (all aggressive players who love the grind).....you aint bluffing. They all were pretty much a blind steal and the Broncos are definitely on an upswing.

Elway looks more loose and confident in making big bets. You might not personally buy in, but Ive bought in. The Broncos might have taken a bad beat last season, and the Balimore game (which one was worse? Id say its a push), but Elways putting all hes got into making sure this kind of **** doesnt happen again.
            Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 05-16-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
              Theres a lot of risk in what the Broncos are doing, but Elways not afraid of the stakes or afraid to flop. And heres the kicker; he likes action and always has. Hes checked every turn there is and signed some of the best FA available. When you sign Ware, Ward, and Talib (all aggressive players who love the grind).....you aint bluffing. They all were pretty much a blind steal and the Broncos are definitely on an upswing.

Elway looks more loose and confident in making big bets. You might not personally buy in, but Ive bought in. The Broncos might have taken a bad beat last season, and the Balimore game (which one was worse? Id say its a push), but Elways putting all hes got into making sure this kind of **** doesnt happen again.

Why is signing good players going all in? I think trying your hardest to build a good thing is different than going "all in," which implies youre putting everything on the line. The broncos future isn't mortgaged by this

Comment

Why is signing good players going all in? I think trying your hardest to build a good thing is different than going "all in," which implies youre putting everything on the line. The broncos future isn't mortgaged by this
                Because theres no limit to what Elway will do. He told Moreno to sit......and go. Things like that. How dont you get it?
                Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 05-16-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

"All in"? I thought it was "No plan B"

Comment

OZ = Plan 'B'.

Comment

Because theres no limit to what Elway will do. He told Moreno to sit......and go. Things like that. How dont you get it?
                      Because there is a limit to what Elway can do. Not **** the broncos future salary cap. He could have signed more players, backloaded the contracts, and saddled the future broncos with tons of dead money and a bloated cap. He's being responsible while fielding a championship quality team. How do YOU not get that?

Comment

Because there is a limit to what Elway can do. Not **** the broncos future salary cap. He could have signed more players, backloaded the contracts, and saddled the future broncos with tons of dead money and a bloated cap. He's being responsible while fielding a championship quality team. How do YOU not get that?
                        Well one of us is missing the big picture, and Id bet my last dollar its YOU. Hate to burst your bubble, but Elway signed Talib to a 6 year deal, 57 Mil contract and Ware at 10 mil a year. A deals a deal. Money doesnt just flow out the river, it needs to be carefully spent. Teams dont have deep stacks of cash just waiting to be used like successful franchises do.

The facts are the Elway was in early position to make things happen, and he did. And just like any situation he come across, hes dealt with it heads up and will DEFINITELY not be worried about making a hero call......even if he is last to act.
                        Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 05-16-2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I understand the dislike for the "all in" description. But, Peyton Manning was a HUGE gamble. When they went after him, and gave him that huge contract, who knew whether or not he'd be able to play at all let alone at a high level. This offseason Talib and Ward were gambles, Talib more than Ward, but neither unreasonable. Ware, on the other hand, is a fairly big gamble. Older player coming off of an injury plagued year getting big $. And then the Sanders signing kind of came out of nowhere, only adding to a "they're going for it" mentality. So, "all in" may not be completely fair or accurate but it's certainly understandable why some may go there in describing the Broncos. An already talented team that did far more in FA than anybody else, and this coming off of a Super Bowl appearance. If you want to call what they did "appearing", that is.

Comment

Well one of us is missing the big picture, and Id bet my last dollar its YOU. Hate to burst your bubble, but Elway signed Talib to a 6 year deal, 57 Mil contract and Ware at 10 mil a year. A deals a deal. Money doesnt just flow out the river, it needs to be carefully spent. Teams dont have deep stacks of cash just waiting to be used like successful franchises do.

The facts are the Elway was in early position to make things happen, and he did. And just like any situation he come across, hes dealt with it heads up and will DEFINITELY not be worried about making a hero call......even if he is last to act.
                            In all likelihood the Talib deal is a one year $12 million deal. Denver can cut him at the end of the year with minimal salary cap implications if they desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                              In all likelihood the Talib deal is a one year $12 million deal. Denver can cut him at the end of the year with minimal salary cap implications if they desire.
                              This is the conclusion you draw? Elway considered a great a wheeler and dealer, and with Talibs sketchy past and injury history, of course he wants to be able to muck him if things dont work out. Pretty standard approach if you ask me. Doesnt mean the Broncos wont straddle themselves with a massive contract that they WANT to work out.
                              Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 05-16-2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

This is the conclusion you draw? Elway considered a great a wheeler and dealer, and with Talibs sketchy past and injury history, of course he wants to be able to muck him if things dont work out. Pretty standard approach if you ask me. Doesnt mean the Broncos wont straddle themselves with a massive contract that they WANT to work out.
                                The way they handled the Doom situation says your statement is not correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X