Wes better have a good camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes better have a good camp

That is all. I don't need to spell it out. But You're lying to yourself if you don't think elway is considering cutting Welker and the longer he holds off the less likely he's picked up by an afc contender.

I'm not sure where you come up with some of this.

Welker isn't going anywhere. He's been consistenly productive, and was a great addition last year.

Comment

No.

Comment

Drinking at 7 in the morning?

Welker isn't getting cut
        We don't need the cap space and his contract is up after this year

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
          That is all. I don't need to spell it out. But You're lying to yourself if you don't think elway is considering cutting Welker and the longer he holds off the less likely he's picked up by an afc contender.
          You have ATL in your name. Are you Jamie Dukes icognito? This is certainly some of the stuff he would say.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
              I'm not sure where you come up with some of this.

Welker isn't going anywhere. He's been consistenly productive, and was a great addition last year.
              He would save us 6m, he's 1 confusion away from being done, there are 3 other guys on the roster who could man his position effectively and he's 33. You're dumb if you think he's not a candidate for being cut. We're in win now , if elway wasn't concerned about Wes he wouldn't have gone and gotten Sanders and Latimer.

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                Drinking at 7 in the morning?

Welker isn't getting cut
                We don't need the cap space and his contract is up after this year

Maybe we don't need the cap space but we could take that 6m and resign DT for much less than he'll cost us next year.

Comment

He would save us 6m, he's 1 confusion away from being done, there are 3 other guys on the roster who could man his position effectively and he's 33. You're dumb if you think he's not a candidate for being cut. We're in win now , if elway wasn't concerned about Wes he wouldn't have gone and gotten Sanders and Latimer.

Just one?

Sanders replaced Decker. Latimer is depth. Do you not know how this works?

Comment

Hey, it's ATL-Eric back from his ban with another strong take.... oh wait.

Comment

I lie to myself about many things, but this isn't one of them.

Comment

How many Confusions has Welker had, anybody know?

Comment

The issues of his concussions and his performance in camp are two separate things. Yeah, if he has another severe concussion that may be it for him. I'm not a doctor, though. But that has nothing to do with the other receivers that we have. If he's healthy, he'll play. And of course he's gonna have a good camp, you all remember the reports last year right? And you remember what Peyton said right? One of my all-time favorite Peyton quotes because it lends you insight into the level of nerdism that he has for the game as a whole:

Peyton: Wes Welker, from everything I’m learning so far, sure seems like you’d almost have to amputate a limb to keep him out of practice. He is a football gym rat, which is what I always thought. I was talking to Clyde Christensen, who coached me with the Colts. Clyde goes, ‘Is Welker just like we thought?’ I said, ‘Absolutely.’ We always thought he was a grinder, a gym rat. It’s certainly nice to be playing with him.

Now maybe this doesn't strike the same chord with some of you as it does with me, but picture Peyton and his coaches sitting around fantasizing about the work ethics of other players... to me that's hilarious, and also very satisfying when you are a fan that puts a lot of time and effort into following your team. It's great that some players care so much and aren't just there to collect paychecks.

Back to Welker, yeah, i think he's gonna have a spot on the starting squad... just a hunch..

Comment

welker only signed a 2 year deal. i'm not sure why the Broncos would cut him now.

Comment

Maybe we don't need the cap space but we could take that 6m and resign DT for much less than he'll cost us next year.
                              his contract is up after this year
                              Again cutting him now doesn't really help us in the short or long term

Comment

Working...
                              X