X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action
    replied
    Originally posted by Lestat View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos&amp;src=hash">#Broncos</a> OC Adam Gase said today competition wide open at RB behind Montee Ball on depth chart, open at RT as well.</p>&mdash; Jeff Legwold (@Jeff_Legwold) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold/statuses/467734211705581568">May 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's interesting. I wonder if that means Franklin may still play RT or if that means that Clark, Justice, Painter and Schofield are the ones vying for the spot.
    Lol he didn't say that. The interview is on Denver Broncos. Com, these journalists are terrible.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos&amp;src=hash">#Broncos</a> OC Adam Gase said today competition wide open at RB behind Montee Ball on depth chart, open at RT as well.</p>&mdash; Jeff Legwold (@Jeff_Legwold) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold/statuses/467734211705581568">May 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's interesting. I wonder if that means Franklin may still play RT or if that means that Clark, Justice, Painter and Schofield are the ones vying for the spot.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Last year we had Franklin, Vasquez and ManRam on the R side, so most of our running was there. Beadles could pull, which helped with running to the Right, but you couldn't count on him and Clark getting much push on the R side. They will lose some of that push on the R with Clark (or possibly Schofield) playing RT, but having Clady, Franklin, ManRam on the left will give us a huge push on that side with Vasquez still able to hold his own on the L. It will be nice to have both sides as options on short yardage. I think Passblocking improves at RT, LG and LT with this move as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    I remmember reading The Idiots Introduction to Football by Joe Theisman like 12 years ago. A lot of it was BS but it had some good information. I remember him saying typically you put your best pass blocker at LT, best run blocker at RT, second best run blocker at RG, best athlete at LG, and smartest lineman at C.
    Last edited by Mogulseeker; 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Man-Goblin View Post
    I'm too lazy to check. But I would assume elite guards make as much or more than right tackles on the open market. He's smart not to object in his contract year. Here's hoping he's a monster inside.
    It's not an exact science, but based on averages the highest paid linemen go LT, C, RT, LG, RG.
    Last edited by Mogulseeker; 05-15-2014, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FireFly
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
    Clady / Franklin / Ramirez / Vasquez / Clark ---> probably the best potential Bronco offensive line in a while.
    I don't make homerish statements lightly, but that is imo the best O-Line in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Finger Roll
    replied
    Great move IMO, he has very high upside as a guard. He should be much better than Zane Beatles

Leave a comment:

• randerson1184
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
    Clady / Franklin / Ramirez / Vasquez / Clark ---> probably the best potential Bronco offensive line in a while.
    This!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how well this line run blocks. We're going to have a wall of road-graders!

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    Originally posted by baja View Post
    That puts him left of center so he's another damn liberal?
    he's african canadian....I'm not sure what it means

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe it is a few steps to the left.
    That puts him left of center so he's another damn liberal?

Leave a comment:

• Beantown Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    There's no reason for him to be mad. Right tackle to left guard isn't a step down.
    I could be wrong but I believe it is a few steps to the left.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    It all depends though, elite RT's who teams feel can move over to LT get paid more than guards in FA. But that is so rare of a occasion that it almost never happens.

Top OG's make around the same as RT's or lower LT's as many have already said in previous posts.
    If Franklin takes to the position and fully embraces then we might have a very special OG on our hands.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    love the idea of Franklin moving inside to protect Manning...

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
    Oh, you sure its "fine with you" Emanuel? We are all super concerned.

Im sure this is one hell of a relief for our quarterback that hes not working you too hard.
    He was talking about the extra reps outside of regular practice.

Love the Omane. It's where I come to get hairs split and innocuous remarks dissected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X