Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess It's Official (Orlando Franklin)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guess It's Official (Orlando Franklin)

    Local news announced that in today's OTA, Franklin was moved over to LG. He says he's not pissed about it. As long as he's in the top five, he says he's fine with it.

    Emmanuel Sanders says the extra practice with Peyton is fine with him. He says that's how you win on Sundays.

  • #2
    I'm too lazy to check. But I would assume elite guards make as much or more than right tackles on the open market. He's smart not to object in his contract year. Here's hoping he's a monster inside.

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought this was confirmed a month ago when someone posted a vague twitter post about how he was pissed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bronco View Post
        I thought this was confirmed a month ago when someone posted a vague twitter post about how he was pissed.
        Then there was the tweet where he said "I'm playing left guard". That one seemed to sort of confirm it too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Man-Goblin View Post
          I'm too lazy to check. But I would assume elite guards make as much or more than right tackles on the open market. He's smart not to object in his contract year. Here's hoping he's a monster inside.
          Tackles make more.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
            Tackles make more.
            Left tackles, usually yes. Right tackles, more in line with top guards. I was surprised myself looking at the top salaries, many guards on the list.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rabb View Post
              Left tackles, usually yes. Right tackles, more in line with top guards. I was surprised myself looking at the top salaries, many guards on the list.
              Good point considering Franklins was a RT.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                Local news announced that in today's OTA, Franklin was moved over to LG. He says he's not pissed about it. As long as he's in the top five, he says he's fine with it.

                Emmanuel Sanders says the extra practice with Peyton is fine with him. He says that's how you win on Sundays.
                I just saw this and was going to create a thread.

                http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ion-left-guard

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                  I thought this was confirmed a month ago when someone posted a vague twitter post about how he was pissed.
                  I didn't think they defined the position though. I could be wrong, I have been wrong before...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                    I didn't think they defined the position though. I could be wrong, I have been wrong before...
                    Yeah. I don't remember it being definite. Now it is.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I thought Quoydogs was on vacation?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's not official until he starts the first game there. We'll spend the offseason and preseason playing different guys at different positions until we find the best lineup. I look forward to the confused posts when Franklin is seen taking RT snaps for a day in training camp.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
                          Good point considering Franklins was a RT.
                          Yes, which I think was Goblin's core point. He will get paid if he plays well, whether it's at RT or guard

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There's no reason for him to be mad. Right tackle to left guard isn't a step down.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...8-92eb434aad5c

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X