Looking Back and Seeing the Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Back and Seeing the Future

I think the Rams did fantastic in the trade for RG3. I think they have drafted well, I really love Ogletree. What do you think of the trade between Washington and St. Louis for RG3?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fin-iii-trade/

After it was all said and done, the Rams traded away the 2012 1.2 (1st round, 2nd pick) for:

2012: 1.14, 2.18, 5.15
    2013: 1.30, 3.30, 5.27
    2014: 1.2

Comment

Depends on RG3's health going forward. Because the Rams could probably use a franchise QB (I don't believe Bradford is one). They did get quite a haul and did pretty well with the picks, but the Redskins have made the playoffs in that time and the Rams haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
        After it was all said and done, the Rams traded away the 2012 1.2 (1st round, 2nd pick) for:

2012: 1.14, 2.18, 5.15
        2013: 1.30, 3.30, 5.27
        2014: 1.2
        Yeah the skins mortgaged their next 10 years for one very talented unproven college QB.

Fisher is really loading that team with good players to.
        Too bad McDumba$$ couldn't be bothered to do the same for us with all the picks we got for Cutler.

If Bradford can recover from this last seasons injury and play up to his previous level the rest of the NFC west better strap up.

Comment

This is the second time in the last 20 years that the Rams have had a friggen huge draft haul because of a trade. Do you all remember the draft haul they had back around 1999? That turned out to be a heck of a haul but it netted them nothing because they did not draft well.

Comment

Brockers, Ogletree and Jenkins are all awesome.

Stedman Bailey (will be suspended) has potential.

Pead is not good.

Robinson will be good.

Pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
              Depends on RG3's health going forward. Because the Rams could probably use a franchise QB (I don't believe Bradford is one). They did get quite a haul and did pretty well with the picks, but the Redskins have made the playoffs in that time and the Rams haven't.
              The Rams wouldn't have selected RG3 with that pick anyhow, so RG3's success or lake there of shouldn't be a factor. Similarly, the Redskins making the playoffs and being quickly eliminated doesn't really factor into an analysis of the trade either: a party to a trade could start with a very good team or a very bad team which would heavily skew their chances of making the playoffs with or without the trade.

Regardless, IMO the Rams made out like bandits.

Regarding RG3, I don't think he will even attain the level of success that Vick did/continues to have.

Regarding Bradford, he has all the tools to be a decent QB in the league IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                I think the Rams did fantastic in the trade for RG3. I think they have drafted well, I really love Ogletree. What do you think of the trade between Washington and St. Louis for RG3?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fin-iii-trade/
                It looks like they did very well, Of course you really won't know for another 2 years though.

I think St. Louis is going to the playoffs this year. Their defense is nasty they have a greta homefield advantage and they have some serious Mojo. I love their RB Zac Stacy too. It is all on Bradford's shoulders. Can he be a respectable QB?

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                  They did get quite a haul and did pretty well with the picks, but the Redskins have made the playoffs in that time and the Rams haven't.
                  That being said the Skins play in the NFC Least and the Rams play in the NFC Best.

Comment

If RGIII doesn't get hurt this isn't even an issue.
                    The narrative will be the same if he remains healthy and comes through on his franchise QB potential.

The team that lands the franchise QB will almost always win the trade in the end.
                    With that said, if the Skins cannot surround him with talent and allow him to prosper then the Rams will win that trade. Assuming of course they themselves find a franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly View Post
                      The Rams wouldn't have selected RG3 with that pick anyhow, so RG3's success or lake there of shouldn't be a factor. Similarly, the Redskins making the playoffs and being quickly eliminated doesn't really factor into an analysis of the trade either: a party to a trade could start with a very good team or a very bad team which would heavily skew their chances of making the playoffs with or without the trade.

Regardless, IMO the Rams made out like bandits.

Regarding RG3, I don't think he will even attain the level of success that Vick did/continues to have.

Regarding Bradford, he has all the tools to be a decent QB in the league IMO.

Bradford is not their problem. Keeping him upright is their problem. But they did improve quite a bit last year. The Cards did also. What a monster division. A team with 10 wins misses the playoffs. Nice work Goddell, you moron. You're more worried about dunks over goal posts and how many games you can get in London instead of fixing a broken playoff system. Tool.

Comment

Working...
                      X