Derek Wolfe Update (OTA's):

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Wolfe Update (OTA's):

Derek Wolfe interview 104.3 the FAN (DMac and Big Al). I applaud Wolfe for going on this show, where they never have anything good to say about him, even though he's had 10 sacks in 27 career games, despite the fact that he played out of position for the entire 2013 season.

1. Weighed 290 lbs. on Monday. Strongest he's ever been. Can't explain how he feels, feels better than he's ever felt. Can't wait to put pads on.

2. Had to take ACT 5 times, has football camp and trains high schoolers for the ACT.

3. Also sponsors horse camp for kids with autism

4. Wants to look at improving helmets for younger kids

5. Had to have a 21 on his ACT to qualify at Cincy due to sliding scale and " terrible" GPA. Kept getting 19's on ACT average. Took a training course, kept getting 16-17 on Science. Then finally got it up to 21.

6. Was only sleeping 2 hours a night, after the injury because he was in so much pain. That's why he lost so much weight

7. Got all the way down to 258 lbs. Last time he weighed that much was Freshman Sophomore year of high school.

8. First time being injured where he couldn't play football in his life.

9. Doesn't believe in taking prescription meds for pain. Uses cold tub, hot tub, and ices hands for normal wear and tear.

10. Should have told someone about the problems he was having. Stupidity. Almost paid the ultimate price.

11. Everything turned on within 3 hours at the hospital after the initial injury

12. Couldn't remember them restraining him at the hospital after the seizure.

13. Remembers Von and Terrance saying stop the bus when he was going into a seizure. Next clear memory is seeing his brother two days later.

I thought he smoked lots of meth and rubbed dirt on it?

Comment

rep for recap

Comment

Good for Derek! I can hardly wait for him to come back like a screaming junky wolf who gets high on sacking the QB.

Comment

19 on your ACT?

How is that even possible?

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            Doesn't believe in taking prescription meds for pain.
            smart guy.

also, awooooooooooooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
              19 on your ACT?

How is that even possible?
              the national average is something like 21.

so slightly below average. the horror!

Comment

Heard this today as well. He sounded like he wanted to punch Dmac lol.
                Last edited by crush17; 05-14-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

19 on the ACT before embarking on a collision course with CTE.

Comment

One of my favorite broncos.

Comment

Wolfe is one of my favorites. Hope he's back 100%.

Comment

I'm really rooting for the guy. He had an awesome rookie year before the injury. He and Von work really well together on that side. I hope he really regains he old form.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                          Serious? Is that a joke or something you believe might happen.

Encephalitis? You're joking.

Comment

I like D Wolfe even more after reading this. Thanks for the recap on this interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                              But he's down with OPP.

Comment

Working...
                              X