Rahim Moore: Secret Superstar on the Rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rahim Moore: Secret Superstar on the Rise

2013: Moore graded out as ProFootballFocus' No. 8 cover safety prior to going down in game 10 of the 2013 season.

2012: After amassing 11 missed tackles in 43 attempts in 2011 (including the playoffs), Moore had just eight in 96 attempts in 2012. Amazingly, he’d transformed himself from one of the worst-tackling safeties in the league into one of the best. And with a +9.0 grade in the regular season that tied for the 10th-highest of any safety, he was one of the more promising young defenders in the league.

This confirms what I've been saying all along. Rahim Moore is a top 10 FS in the NFL, and has been for 2 years. In fact, he continues to dramatically improve as I documented throughout the 2013 year, until his injury. Mid-season 2013, Rahim Moore became the ball-hawking, playmaking Free Safety that we all hoped for when he was drafted...and he just turned 24. Unfortunately, a leg-compartment injury ended Moore's phenomenal season just as he was truly heating up. Re-watching play after play, it was evident Moore had arrived. Rahim has the drive, the mental make-up, and physical ability to perform at a high level for a long time in the NFL.

Combine that with TJ Ward (+8.1 against the run (#1 overall), above-average against the pass), and the Broncos have one of the very best Safety tandems in the league. With Rahim's skyrocketing improvement, combined with TJ Ward's stellar ability beside him, I expect Moore to have a break-out year aiming for a Pro Bowl appearance and a possible top 5 performance in coverage amongst all Safeties, as the Broncos continue their onslaught toward a World Championship.

I expect Rahim Moore to command no less than $5M per year in Free Agency. The Broncos would be wise to lock him up before the year starts to a long-term deal, which would give the Broncos a top 3 NFL Safety duo for years to come.

Aaaannnd prepare for battle.
    Last edited by Bronc0guy; 05-13-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

For all of you who claim "I'm not on the Rahim bandwagon yet", you might want to hop aboard. His stellar play has been documented for 2 years now. Outside of the most improbable hail mary in playoff history, he's done nothing but become a top 10 FS in the NFL at only 23 years old. He's just coming into his prime. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm giddy about the possibility of a long-term Safety tandem of Ward and Moore. These guys are made for each other. Both intense, superb tacklers, and intelligent. Get ready.

Is Moore the best or the most athletic? No, but I guarantee you he will continue to work his a$$ of to try to be the best. That's exciting to me. What's even better? He's been a Broncos fan for life, just like all of us. Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
        For all of you who claim "I'm not on the Rahim bandwagon yet", you might want to hop aboard. His stellar play has been documented for 2 years now. Outside of the most improbable hail mary in playoff history, he's done nothing but become a top 10 FS in the NFL at only 23 years old. He's just coming into his prime. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm giddy about the possibility of a long-term Safety tandem of Ward and Moore. These guys are made for each other. Both intense, superb tacklers, and intelligent. Get ready.

Is Moore the best or the most athletic? No, but I guarantee you he will continue to work his a$$ of to try to be the best. That's exciting to me. What's even better? He's been a Broncos fan for life, just like all of us. Go Broncos!
        I don't disagree with you. If he comes back from this freak injury at 100%, he could be a big time player. He was improving last year in all phases and having a wayyyy better season than the one before. He screwed up royally against the Ravens, but what's done is done. I hope he comes back healthy and continues to evolve into the kind of player I know he's capable of being. Having said that, many maners are not feeling the dream. This will be an interesting thread to read tomorrow.

Comment

The fact that the Broncos did not even sniff a safety in the draft should tell us all we need to know about Moore. They like him, and have no worries about his leg.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
            The fact that the Broncos did not even sniff a safety in the draft should tell us all we need to know about Moore. They like him, and have no worries about his leg.
            Ditto. Depth is a possible concern at the position, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
              He was improving last year in all phases and having a wayyyy better season than the one before.
              Pro Football Focus listed Moore as a Secret Superstar after the 2012 season, when he graded out +9.0, 10th amongst ALL Safeties.

Don't let that one play fool you. The statistics bear out that he was performing at a high level in 2012. In mid-2013, he kicked it into high-gear. Man, I hope he continues where he left off.

Comment

Wow, good article for Moore. He has been a good tackler for two years now ever since his poor 2011 season. That being said, I would love for him to be more of a playmaker. He has great range and speed, intercepting about 5 passes would be cool!!!

Comment

Awesome. Hope he learned how to play the deep ball after his 10 games off last season.

Comment

Still not sold on him being a ballhawk, though he was playing better last year before his injury. I'd love to see him take another step forward this year.

Comment

Stay healthy and our D will be top 5 in my opinion

Comment

I'm on the bandwagon let's go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                          Ditto. Depth is a possible concern at the position, IMO.
                          Our depth at S is as good as any team in the league.

Comment

Rust and full recovery are the 2 questions I have, his play was not.

Comment

Moore and superstar do not belong together in the same sentence unless it's referring to the receiver he attempts to cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X