Jadeveon Clowney's Jersey Sales are behind Michael Sam's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jadeveon Clowney's Jersey Sales are behind Michael Sam's

Michael Sam Jersey Sales Outpace Jadeveon Clowney's After 1 Day on the Market

He had to wait until the very end, but Michael Sam is already making up ground on his peers.

Selected by the St. Louis Rams with the 249th pick of the 2014 NFL draft, the SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year’s jersey is already outselling the overwhelming majority of rookies who were drafted.

According to Cyd Zeigler of OutSports.com, Sam’s No. 10 Rams jersey is the second-best seller among rookies, the first being Johnny Manziel of the Cleveland Browns.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-on-the-market

I think its wise if other (good) players come out and say they are gay just for the jersey sales and publicity going foward.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
      I think its wise if other (good) players come out and say they are gay just for the jersey sales and publicity going foward.
      Imagine how much money all those Tebow jerseys would go up in value if he came out?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
        Imagine how much money all those Tebow jerseys would go up in value if he came out?

Neither of which has/had anything to do with actual football on a good chunk of those sales.

Comment

And they tell me in this case there will be no circus.

Comment

Comment

It would be funny if he was cut before the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                Michael Sam Jersey Sales Outpace Jadeveon Clowney's After 1 Day on the Market

He had to wait until the very end, but Michael Sam is already making up ground on his peers.

Selected by the St. Louis Rams with the 249th pick of the 2014 NFL draft, the SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year’s jersey is already outselling the overwhelming majority of rookies who were drafted.

According to Cyd Zeigler of OutSports.com, Sam’s No. 10 Rams jersey is the second-best seller among rookies, the first being Johnny Manziel of the Cleveland Browns.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-on-the-market
                More gay propaganda. So surprised, after a single day....

Comment

Originally posted by LiberalsRClueless View Post
                  It would be funny if he was cut before the season.
                  Probably will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                    players do not get paid for individual jersey sales, to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      Neither of which has/had anything to do with actual football on a good chunk of those sales.
                      I was so pissed when I went to Canton to watch Floyd Little go into the HOF only to find Timmy Jersey's, no Little Jersey but they had Timmy's for sale. I feared the dude would bust out of the NFL and he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
                        More gay propaganda. So surprised, after a single day....
                        I hear that if you read a lot of gay propaganda it turns you gay. Be careful man, you might find yourself craving a pole in your mouth if you haven't already!

Comment

I hear that if you read a lot of gay propaganda it turns you gay. Be careful man, you might find yourself craving a pole in your mouth if you haven't already!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                            And they tell me in this case there will be no circus.
                            I don't see why support equals circus. The comparison to Tebow or even Johnny Football annoys me to no end. The problem with Tebow was the deep factionalism about his play. You had his fans on one side claiming he was the second coming, and the detractors on the other who claimed he was complete ****. With all the media attention, both groups hardened their stances until it became a zero sum game, and there was enormous pressure to start him when the Broncos season went into the tank.

The Sam situation is different. There's an outpouring of support and I believe his success in the NFL is probably irrelevant. I sincerely doubt they'll be an outcry if the Rams do poorly to start Michael Sam.

Also, reporters will run out of ways to ask the same questions and fast (you saw this during the combine interview). I expect Rams players and staff to come out in full support, and when they do, that'll be the end of the story.

Jason Collins is still gay and still playing for the Nets and we haven't heard about him in months.

Yes, this is a story, and it's a good story. Yes, it will give the Rams more attention, but my God, this will not cause factionalism among a team or fan base. Anyone who comes out against Sam either has, or will be, vilified by the majority of fan base and the media.

It's a different situation.

Comment

Apparently, he has ruined ESPN for many people.

Comment

Working...
                              X