Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our first look at Bat-Affleck

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Our first look at Bat-Affleck

    Personally, I was never that apposed to the casting of Ben Affleck in the role of Batman immediately following Christian Bale. I wasn't particularly thrilled with it, but they had to cast someone as Christian was done with the role. That said:






    Visually, it doesn't look that bad. Definitely taking a page form Miller's Dark Knight returns. Of course, Aesthetics were never my problem with Snyder. The man can make pretty images. It's his ability to craft a good story that has always left me doubting.


    Link if you want a hi-res version:

    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118184

  • #2
    Read they also casted Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luther

    This movie is going to suck

    Comment


    • #3
      When did batman become a bodybuilder?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
        When did batman become a bodybuilder?
        With a character as old as Batman, he has been re-envisioned through many many lenses. In this particular case as they are obviously trying to envoke Frank Miller's aesthetic, the answer to your question is, the mid-80's

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
          When did batman become a bodybuilder?

          You're joking, right?

          When he was drawn on paper?

          Comment


          • #6
            I will wait until I hear him say "I'm Batman"

            It's all that matters.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by v2micca View Post
              With a character as old as Batman, he has been re-envisioned through many many lenses. In this particular case as they are obviously trying to envoke Frank Miller's aesthetic, the answer to your question is, the mid-80's
              I would argue he's always been ripped. This is from number 2 (of Batman and Robin).

              Last edited by Kaylore; 05-13-2014, 12:53 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                I will wait until I hear him say "I'm Batman"

                It's all that matters.
                THIS


                <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GPRscxQZs8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                  Read they also casted Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luther

                  This movie is going to suck
                  As far as I'm concerned Jesse Eisenberg is a much bigger problem than Affleck. I don't really have that much of an issue with Affleck as Batman honestly. He's far from the best choice, but Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? Seriously?
                  Last edited by Agamemnon; 05-13-2014, 12:55 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Eisenberg definitely seems more like Riddler material to me than Lex Luthor.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      Eisenberg definitely seems more like Riddler material to me than Lex Luthor.
                      Or maybe Scarecrow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Dark Knight trilogy will not be topped. That was as good as batman is ever going to get, but what a ride it was. Don't have high hopes for this.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Even without seeing him in action onscreen, Ben's Batman looks like he could kick the **** out of all the Batmans that came before him.

                          As long as the movie doesn't give the pussified version of Batman that Nolan gave I will be ecstatic.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm liking the Batmobile. Looks like a modified version from the one in the original Batman movie.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              looks like a rental

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X