Our first look at Bat-Affleck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first look at Bat-Affleck

Personally, I was never that apposed to the casting of Ben Affleck in the role of Batman immediately following Christian Bale. I wasn't particularly thrilled with it, but they had to cast someone as Christian was done with the role. That said:

Visually, it doesn't look that bad. Definitely taking a page form Miller's Dark Knight returns. Of course, Aesthetics were never my problem with Snyder. The man can make pretty images. It's his ability to craft a good story that has always left me doubting.

Link if you want a hi-res version:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118184

Read they also casted Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luther

This movie is going to suck

Comment

When did batman become a bodybuilder?

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
        With a character as old as Batman, he has been re-envisioned through many many lenses. In this particular case as they are obviously trying to envoke Frank Miller's aesthetic, the answer to your question is, the mid-80's

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

You're joking, right?

When he was drawn on paper?

Comment

I will wait until I hear him say "I'm Batman"

It's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
              With a character as old as Batman, he has been re-envisioned through many many lenses. In this particular case as they are obviously trying to envoke Frank Miller's aesthetic, the answer to your question is, the mid-80's
              I would argue he's always been ripped. This is from number 2 (of Batman and Robin).

Last edited by Kaylore; 05-13-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                I will wait until I hear him say "I'm Batman"

It's all that matters.
                THIS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GPRscxQZs8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                  Read they also casted Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luther

This movie is going to suck
                  As far as I'm concerned Jesse Eisenberg is a much bigger problem than Affleck. I don't really have that much of an issue with Affleck as Batman honestly. He's far from the best choice, but Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? Seriously?
                  Last edited by Agamemnon; 05-13-2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Eisenberg definitely seems more like Riddler material to me than Lex Luthor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      Eisenberg definitely seems more like Riddler material to me than Lex Luthor.
                      Or maybe Scarecrow.

Comment

The Dark Knight trilogy will not be topped. That was as good as batman is ever going to get, but what a ride it was. Don't have high hopes for this.

Comment

Even without seeing him in action onscreen, Ben's Batman looks like he could kick the **** out of all the Batmans that came before him.

As long as the movie doesn't give the pussified version of Batman that Nolan gave I will be ecstatic.

Comment

I'm liking the Batmobile. Looks like a modified version from the one in the original Batman movie.

Comment

looks like a rental

Comment

Working...
                              X