Denver Post App - no more free access to Broncos articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Post App - no more free access to Broncos articles

I usually read 3 or 4 Broncos articles on the Denver Post app before I crash every night. Tried to open the app up last night and noticed the articles are "not available" now unless you sign up and pay for access. I still see adds on the app so why do they want to charge a fee to read the articles.

Screw that, guess I'll be deleting that app now.

You obviously have not been doing this recently as the Post has had this set up for a few months now. You get five free articles every 30 days. Then you have to pay.

I wouldn't mind doing it if it was $3.99 a month. I think they want much more than that for access though after your trial period is over.

My home computer has a 27" monitor so even when they try to block the article I can still read it.

Comment

I go right to the website on my phone, it seems they haven't blocked that.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
        You obviously have not been doing this recently as the Post has had this set up for a few months now. You get five free articles every 30 days. Then you have to pay.

I wouldn't mind doing it if it was $3.99 a month. I think they want much more than that for access though after your trial period is over.

My home computer has a 27" monitor so even when they try to block the article I can still read it.
        clear your cookies and you should be able to read them.

Comment

I can't believe people actually read their content. IT's sooo bad

Comment

Haven't been to the DPO site in months.. So many other sources out there beter than them.

Humorous that they actually want cash money for that crap.

The only thing worth mentioning about the DPO is as a history lesson: This place came from there.

Back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsRule View Post
              Haven't been to the DPO site in months.. So many other sources out there beter than them.

Humorous that they actually want cash money for that crap.

The only thing worth mentioning about the DPO is as a history lesson: This place came from there.

Back in the day.
              AH The old DPO - easily the best message board experience ever. No current or future site will ever come close. Amazing people on that unmoderated site.

Comment

Nothing I'd like to do more than pay to read Kiszla bitch about the guys that spent a year scouting and prepping for this draft taking Roby over Marquise Lee.

His best was in '08, when we, in his opinion, should have taken Jonathan Stewart instead of Clady.

Comment

God forbid the newspaper try to make money!

That whole industry ****ed this up a long time ago, didnt it.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    God forbid the newspaper try to make money!

That whole industry ****ed this up a long time ago, didnt it.
                    Yep. Game over.

Comment

The newspapers make money. Look at all the advertisements in their online/printed format. They don't need my money and if they do, i will/would go the free route.

Why would you pay to have Jizzla agitate you? And he's not even that good at it...

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                        The newspapers make money. Look at all the advertisements in their online/printed format.
                        The rates on those ads have been declining for years. Google has absolutely killed print advertising. I honestly don't know how newspapers make money these days.

Comment

Yeah, who wants to pay for the tripe Klis, Kiszla, and Paige write?

Bleacher Report has become better than DP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
                            clear your cookies and you should be able to read them.
                            Or browse it in an Incognito window (Chrome) or whatever IE and Firefox call theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                              The newspapers make money. Look at all the advertisements in their online/printed format. They don't need my money and if they do, i will/would go the free route.

Why would you pay to have Jizzla agitate you? And he's not even that good at it...
                              Ahahahahahahaha, no. They do not.

They do, but it's hardly a profitable enterprise. Hence the layoffs and outright closures.

Comment

Working...
                              X