Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Nelson, Oklahoma -- Bio and Q and A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Nelson, Oklahoma -- Bio and Q and A.

I don't know much of this guy -- sounds like he was having a great year until he tore his pectoral. Here is a link that has some information about him and a good Q and A session. Hopefully he can stick.

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    I don't know much of this guy -- sounds like he was having a great year until he tore his pectoral. Here is a link that has some information about him and a good Q and A session. Hopefully he can stick.
    Yes thanks for this.

I knew nothing about the guy, seems solid and if he can be lavonte david 1.5 I would be very happy.

Comment

Seems like a max effort guy who creates a lot of plays by dogged determination and relentless pursuit. All measurables are average. Decent speed. Has a little bit of pop to him, better than his pro day numbers suggest. As the round we drafted him would indicate, he's a developmental guy with special teams written all over him. He'll be a practice squad guy next year IMO.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f8hqYy6Dc_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I honestly did not pay much attention to him when I watched OU as I didn't think he was going to be drafted due to size.

Comment

Says he compares his game to Levonte David. We can dream, cant we?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
            Says he compares his game to Levonte David. We can dream, cant we?
            I can dream that everyone will finally STFU about David because they didn't like the Brock pick.

Comment

He looks pretty outstanding in that highlight tape.

Comment

Yeah, I knew nothing about this guy either. Did not even have him on my "list" of potential draft prospects to look at which was massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                  I can dream that everyone will finally STFU about David because they didn't like the Brock pick.
                  Im with you on that. Brock could be great. We just dont know yet.

Comment

We could draft LBs ever year with this coaching staff

Irving we will see

But when we hit on LBs(Miller, Trevathan) we really hit

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                      Yeah, I knew nothing about this guy either. Did not even have him on my "list" of potential draft prospects to look at which was massive.
                      Do you have any notes on Barrow?

Comment

He doesn't give up much ground after contact, and he certainly seems to have the speed to blitz well. Looks a lot like a Woodyard type of guy (minus leading the SEC in tackles).

Well, he's a Bronco so now i'm a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by LRtagger View Post
                          He looks pretty outstanding in that highlight tape.
                          Does he? I say he plays aggressive and with good effort. He's better playing forward than backwards, meaning he's a guy that is good running at the pocket or the running back being decisive with his movements vs. playing coverage. All of his key plays on that highlight are not created, rather he collects whatever the offense gives him... normally unblocked. I'm not bashing the guy. He's got good speed, 110% motor and effort, and projects like a special teams ace type of guy who could grow into a defensive contributor after a couple seasons of NFL coaching.

Comment

I realize that it's a highlight vid, but can't help but notice his tackling. He ends plays. Looks more like a safety than a linebacker.

Comment

Something tells me that in addition to special teams they like him as a potential Trev type of LB.
                              He looks solid but will definitely be more of a future projection player than a immediate impact one. At least on defense. On special teams he might make the team and excel.

I just wonder how much his frame can hold. He has weighed between 220-230 throughout his college career and most say he was 226 for his final 2 years at OU.
                              If he can hold 235 on his frame he should be able to stick on the team and give us a solid LB. Probably will play a lot if he develops well.

Comment

Working...
                              X