Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latimer to replace Decker this season

WOW! Hard to believe he could replace Decker right away

I believe they see Latimer as an Eric Decker successor soon — and maybe even this season. Decker (the former baseball player) was a good, not great, possession receiver due to be overvalued because of his Manning-driven numbers. Latimer (the former basketball player) will be a similar weapon, but a relative bargain, and that's significant in the cap era.

I believe they see Latimer as an Eric Decker successor soon — and maybe even this season. Decker (the former baseball player) was a good, not great, possession receiver due to be overvalued because of his Manning-driven numbers. Latimer (the former basketball player) will be a similar weapon, but a relative bargain, and that's significant in the cap era.

http://www.denverpost.com/frei/ci_25...#ixzz31WCW6skg

OR

Denver with wide receiver Cody Latimer, whom the Broncos project to replace Eric Decker (who signed with the Jets as a free agent) right away. If he works out the way John Elway thinks, surrendering the four next year will be nothing.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/12/the-20...with-a-kiss/6/

That would seem to leave Caldwell looking for work and Sanders playing in spot duty, unless Welker's the odd man out, which I'd doubt.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that Latimer's butt looks JUST LIKE Larry Fitzgerald's butt?

I'm just sayin'.....

Last edited by BowlenBall; 05-12-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Heck, IF Latimer reaches his full potential, he could eventually replace DT. For right now, it's Sanders who will take Decker's place. Welker will be in the slot. If any of these WR's get hurt, the Broncos have Caldwell and Latimer to step in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
          Heck, IF Latimer reaches his full potential, he could eventually replace DT. For right now, it's Sanders who will take Decker's place. Welker will be in the slot. If any of these WR's get hurt, the Broncos have Caldwell and Latimer to step in.
          You may be right. I know it's insanely premature but Latimer has the mentality that he can catch any ball, no matter what position he or the defender are in. He will go up, over, and around the DB and make those "wow" catches. DT is a beast in his own right, but he does not have that mentality.

An example that comes to mind is Brandon Marshall's catch as a Bronco against Dallas, where the corner was waiting for the interception and Marshall just put his arms over the guy and made the catch on his way to a TD. That is the type of catch Latimer shows he can make on tape.
          Last edited by Brohemoth; 05-12-2014, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I would be surprised if he caught 40 balls this year.

Comment

Qft

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGa7UKAFnI

Comment

Replacing Decker? Has Latimer pissed off the turf monster gods already? Is there a sacrificial ceremony we can perform for this?

Comment

He's going to need time to learn the system and get better running routes. He can contribute, but I see his role being small and growing over the course of the season and then starting in 2015.

Comment

Elway obviously loves this guy. If they do try to start working him in at the #2 right away, who's the odd man out? Sounds to me like Welker is gone, gone, gone after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                      Has anyone else noticed that Latimer's butt looks JUST LIKE Larry Fitzgerald's butt?

I'm just sayin'.....

Dude, if your gonna compare butts you gotta post a better angle on Latimer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                        Elway obviously loves this guy. If they do try to start working him in at the #2 right away, who's the odd man out? Sounds to me like Welker is gone, gone, gone after the season.
                        Uh, we had Decker and brought in Welker anyway. Can't see how this changes the formula all that much. Even assuming Latimer's up to the job.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                          Uh, we had Decker and brought in Welker anyway. Can't see how this changes the formula all that much. Even assuming Latimer's up to the job.
                          Sanders does. I assume this is welkers last year in denver too. But I thought this before the Latimer selection.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                            Well, considering we signed Sanders to a 3 year, 15 million dollar deal. I'd say someone is going to be missing some action if Latimer does come in right away.

Comment

Sanders can play inside so he'll spell Welker more than he'll "replace" Decker. I am not optimistic Latimer will do much his rookie year. If he does, Elway is a genius. I have seen Manning make lesser receivers look better than they are especially early. He's in the perfect opportunity. It's just a matter of him getting used to the speed of the game. Most receivers take at least a year to really pick up steam. Latimer is pretty raw out of the box, so to expect really anything from him, especially early in the season, isn't realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X