Any free agents you'd like to sign following the draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any free agents you'd like to sign following the draft

There are a few potential value FA's still left. MLB remains the biggest question. Also at OLB and G we are still a little thin in depth.

MLB - Erin Henderson(DUI X 2, suspension?), Pat Angerer or Desmond Bishop(both good upside but injury prone), Jonathan Vilma or Nick Barnett(both over the hill I think)

OLB - Probably have enough bodies here, but we could consider James Anderson from the Bears as a nickle LB. Will Witherspoon is a FA still, I didn't watch any Rams games so no idea what he has left in the tank. Ernie Sims has good speed and can cover, I think he is better than his showing last year on and all around dismal Dallas defense.

G - Travelle Wharton is the big name that comes to mind. I don't watch other teams closely enough to really judge guard play but there remain several starters that are now on the market

Def. Angerer.

Comment

Champ @ vet min.

Comment

Vilma

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
          Champ @ vet min.
          He's been a Saint for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
            Def. Angerer.
            Yes.
            Last edited by socalorado; 05-11-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
              He's been a Saint for a while now.
              Thx have not been following.

Comment

I'd be surprised if a veteran RB wasn't picked up along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                  I'd be surprised if a veteran RB wasn't picked up along the way.
                  You know Micheal Bush is still out there and I know he was in NE for a visit, and just to piss off BelicheAt I would say sign him , however now that I have read up on Kapri Bibbs, I think DEN is good there. I like this signing a lot.

Comment

I think our FO is pretty happy with the young players coming in. I don't see us making any significant signing, unless there's an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
                      Vilma
                      Wasnt he hurt or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                        He was hurt last year. But he was only cut Feb.

2013[edit]
                        Vilma underwent knee surgery during the preseason and was placed on the Reserve/Injured Designated for Return list, with the hope that he would recover in time to play during the season. He was reactivated for the Saints' eighth game, a 26-20 loss to his former team, the New York Jets, and was in the game for only 12 defensive snaps. The following week he was again placed on injured reserve, ending his 2013 season.[18]

2014[edit]
                        On February 12, 2014 Vilma was cut from the New Orleans Saints.[19]
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Vilma

Comment

there is always the early TC signing but that signing is not usually a heavy contributor just replacement depth because of injury

I'd wager that we won't be signing any known guys

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                            there is always the early TC signing but that signing is not usually a heavy contributor just replacement depth because of injury

I'd wager that we won't be signing any known guys
                            That's not a wager, it's a guarantee. REP for having a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                              There was a time not too long ago that I thought he was the best MLB in football, but he hasn't been the same since the injury

Comment

Working...
                              X