X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maven View Post
    He'll make the team this year.
    No doubt.

The hate for Hillman is ignorant. He's younger than some rookies this year. People here don't understand development.

You'd think after what you saw from Moreno people would learn something. Nope. Dumbasses stay Dumbasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
      No doubt.

The hate for Hillman is ignorant. He's younger than some rookies this year. People here don't understand development.

You'd think after what you saw from Moreno people would learn something. Nope. Dumbasses stay Dumbasses.
      Putting the ball on the ground is a complete no-no in a Peyton Manning-lead offense.

It's not out of the realm to think he could get cut though.

Comment

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
        Yea, me too. From what I read on him, he had turf toe when he ran the 40. On film he certainly looks like he's running away from people. The dude is strong too, 23 reps on the bench. Vision, balance, strength and a knack for being slippery through the hole. I love this move....we need a guy that can spell Ball and present a different look.
        Already on the roster...CJ Anderson...but I'm all for adding another and if a 2nd player can beat out Hillman..all the better!

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
          Putting the ball on the ground is a complete no-no in a Peyton Manning-lead offense.

That will be the only reason he gets cut. Not from a lack of talent. So, he just needs to learn like Ball & Moreno did, and he should be OK. Also, the coaching staff can help him out by not running him into the teeth of the defense on a power play at the 1 on the goal line. That's Ball's job now.

Comment

It's pretty hilarious to me that the people who run football teams trust 40 times more than the speed that is apparent on tape. Bibbs is plenty fast for the NFL. I feel like we just got a 2nd round back for free.

Oh and I really hope the Broncos cut Hillman. People talking about development with that guy are clueless. When a RB comes into the NFL he either has it or he doesn't. Period. A finesse back who is neither blazing fast nor particularly elusive is a waste of a roster spot, especially when he also has butter fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
              It's pretty hilarious to me that the people who run football teams trust 40 times more than the speed that is apparent on tape. Bibbs is plenty fast for the NFL. I feel like we just got a 2nd round back for free.

Oh and I really hope the Broncos cut Hillman. People talking about development with that guy are clueless. When a RB comes into the NFL he either has it or he doesn't. Period. A finesse back who is neither blazing fast nor particularly elusive is a waste of a roster spot, especially when he also has butter fingers.
              Agreed, why I don't see Hillman lasting long in the NFL. Hillman is not a big back and he doesn't play up to his timed speed. He looks like a smaller version of Sammie Winder, but who has fumble problems too.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                It sounds funny to say this but I'm more excited about this guy that I was about our round 5, 6 and 7 draft picks
                They call it the "free fallacy". You tend to overvalue anything you get for free. We see it every year on the OM. Hard to conjure up buyer's remorse when you have nothing invested.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                  They call it the "free fallacy". You tend to overvalue anything you get for free. We see it every year on the OM. Hard to conjure up buyer's remorse when you have nothing invested.
                  There's more to it than that. Some of the players we got in free agency are just more exciting than the late round guys we drafted (Bibbs being a prime example). That doesn't mean they are better prospects or that Elway ****ed up, it just means they are more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                    No doubt.

Hillman fumbled way more times than Moreno and he is smaller. Cut him, get him off my team he is done. I done want to see him on the field again. No way you can compare Hillman to Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue View Post
                      Hillman fumbled way more times than Moreno and he is smaller. Cut him, get him off my team he is done. I done want to see him on the field again. No way you can compare Hillman to Moreno.
                      Moreno also almost had 1000 yards as a rookie, so yeah...

Comment

I'm rarely bullish on individual UDFAs, but Bibbs is the real deal. Kid will have a real shot to make the active roster and could even work into the rotation with Ball (depending on how he assimilates into the offense.)

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

Because turnovers are acceptable if your qb is someone other than Peyton Manning

Comment

Originally posted by JLesSPE View Post
                            Because turnovers are acceptable if your qb is someone other than Peyton Manning
                            No it isn't. But Manning is a extreme timing and rhythm offense. You disrupt both by putting the ball on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
                              I'm rarely bullish on individual UDFAs, but Bibbs is the real deal. Kid will have a real shot to make the active roster and could even work into the rotation with Ball (depending on how he assimilates into the offense.)
                              He caught 8 passes in his entire college career. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Boy View Post
                                He caught 8 passes in his entire college career. Just sayin.
                                No doubt. The level of competition he racked up numbers against is suspect as well. AF was horrible last year. New Mexico had the worst defense in the country. Wyoming was horrible last year. Hawaii was arguably the worst team in the country last year. UTEP was one of the worst teams in the country last year.

When you start breaking down his numbers against good teams
                                Against Bama he had 5 carries for 12 yards.
                                Against Boise he had 25 carries for 69 yards.
                                Against Utah St he had 18 carries for 54 yards.
                                Against SJSU he had 12 carries for 69 yards.

60 carries for 204 yards 3.4 average

Comment

Working...
                                X