Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like our draft so far

Overall I liked what we have done

The questions I have is have we done enough to win SB in Ariz in 2015.

It seems to me we drafted heavier for 2015 and beyond which isn't bad idea but, I see we only have 2 or 3 seasons of Manning at most so why not draft players at positions that have quickest impact possibilities?

I like it. They've done exactly each position and rd I suspected just different players. The T is the only guy I don't know anything about. I had roby to us in the first and moncrief and dozier in 2 and 3.

So they are fillng the positions nicely. If we can get exum and Christian jones, Tripp, Williamson, Smallwood or skov I will be thrilled to orgasm.

Comment

The draft won't put us over the hump but that doesn't mean we can't win the Superbowl. I think to win it all we need harris to get healthy, Talib to stay healthy, Clady to get healthy, Miller to get healthy.

Elway added physicality to our team in FA. Ware, Ward, Talib, Sanders all physical players.

In the draft he added speed with Roby and Lattimore. You have to at least like how Elway thinks. Grabbed an interior lineman who seems to be a decent prospect with versatility. Broncos love guys who can switch positions if they have to.

Comment

Some of our biggest needs coming in were: CB, WR, OL.

Took three players who can help right away.

Comment

Broncos won't take Skov he doesn't fit the scheme at all.

Comment

Hate it. Worst 3 picks all time. Broncos better land 4 HOF players tommorow to save this mess.

Comment

I feel like they're a bunch of bums until they prove otherwise.

Comment

I'm ok with what they have done, though I still like Moncrief better at WR, but we'll see. Roby may have been had if they traded down some spots, but they obviously did not want to take a chance.

Comment

With the FA, and our team getting healthy starters back, and if last years picks Ball, Williams, Webster come on, and Roby can play this year? Look out. If all that happens on defense we could be really good.

Pass rushing from both ends of the field, and if a DE like wolfe gets healthy we are pretty stout against the run on the edges. Big upfront with Knighton, Vickerson, Williams so that Travethon can operate on the weakside without a lot of traffic.

Talib and upgrade over DRC, Ward one of the best red zone SS in the league, Moore get's healthy along with Harris.....Holy cow this defense could be scary.

And everyone knows I am not a homer. This defense could literally rip qbs a new hole. Like i am not saying just shut people down, I'm saying hurt the qb good.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                    I feel like they're a bunch of bums until they prove otherwise.
                    Pretty much. It's much more about how last yrs rookies blossom. Ball, Webster, Williams. And then of course our wounded vets returning. Miller, Clady, Vickerson, Wolfe, Moore.

Comment

Since the broncos are picking late its best to compare their draft with that of the other teams picking late: seahags, belicheatriots, panthers, (49ers don't count since they have so many picks and can play the board differently)

Comment

Just going to have to wait and see. I don't think anyone can call this either way. I got a feeling we hit a home run with Roby

Comment

We stood still and got undercut several times. We can hope for 8-8 after Peyton retires. Caca

Comment

Overall I'm pleased.

Roby will be an immediate special teams contributor and Dime/Nickel DB. Day one he's better than Bolden, Webster (who I still think has real potential), and Tony Carter. Give him a year to get better with ball location and technique and you have a guy that in his second season will start opposite Talib. Kid will play a lot this season. Slight character concerns, but this is a strong locker room and unless he goes full retard, he should be fine.

Cody Latimer has a ton of raw potential. From a physical standpoint, the Decker comparisons are asinine. Latimer has a much greater ceiling and better measurables than Decker ever did. Wes Welker has serious concussion problems and likely will be gone next season. Latimer will be used as a situational goal-line receiver and in sub packages as he learns to run routes correctly and assimilates the pace of our offense. In year two, Sanders gets bumped inside to replace Wes and Latimer will play a ton outside in 3WR sets.

Don't know much about Michael Schofield, but seems like he blew up the Senior Bowl and provides the type of versatility that Elway likes on the o-line.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                              Overall I liked what we have done

The questions I have is have we done enough to win SB in Ariz in 2015.

It seems to me we drafted heavier for 2015 and beyond which isn't bad idea but, I see we only have 2 or 3 seasons of Manning at most so why not draft players at positions that have quickest impact possibilities?
                              If you are counting on the draft to bring in players to win you the Super Bowl that year..... Well then you aren't a contender. Glad they aren't short sided like this and are drafting for beyond 2015.

Comment

Working...
                              X