BroncosTV: Elway "We Tried To Move Up"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosTV: Elway "We Tried To Move Up"

Presser on DenverBroncos.com -- Elway said he tried to move up, but it was going to be costly to do so.

I think patience was smart here.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Elway just told me really Broncos tried to move up to 16. My guess is they wanted Mosley there.</p>&mdash; Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) <a href="https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statuses/464619064502280196">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Bowlen you gutless drunk!!

(Am I doing this right?)

Comment

Mosley was good, but not giving up the farm good. Glad we stayed.

Comment

I heard this and was glad they didn't. And glad they had the stones to pull the trigger on Roby.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
              I heard this and was glad they didn't. And glad they had the stones to pull the trigger on Roby.
              Reading between the lines, if they really wanted mosely, it means MLB/other nickel lb is a true concern. I fear this is a gaping hole in our D

Comment

Given the apparent depth of this draft I am glad they sat pat. They still got a top CB prospect and get to pick in the next 2 rounds to boot.

Comment

I don't like the idea of trading up for a non pass rushing linebacker

I am also glad we didn't if Mosely was the target

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    Reading between the lines, if they really wanted mosely, it means MLB/other nickel lb is a true concern. I fear this is a gaping hole in our D
                    No question. They basically said "we have no confidence in Nate Irving to be that guy". I think they're right. It's frightening. Not only do they have no one at this point, anything to they do to fill the hole is just going to mean that they are one injury away from folding the tents and going home.

They should get Ray Lewis out of retirement

Comment

There's 6 more picks, correct?

Comment

the Broncos wanted Mosely, sure, but they didn't want him that bad, otherwise, they would have made the trade, correct? I think the Broncos wanted Mosely and liked Mosely but they weren't willing to do whatever it took to get Mosely.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          Yes. I was sitting there telling my buddies Roby should be the pick but Elway would go OL. Was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                            There's 6 more picks, correct?
                            I'm making a general point here. LB is a position I'm pretty concerned about at the moment

Comment

well considering we brought in Jackson and Smith I would think it was obvious that the team feels it is a need. It is the biggest weakness on the team, but Elway & CO don't feel it is a position worth overpaying for. They would like it to be better, but don't want to break the bank on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X