Forget CB in the 1st round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget CB in the 1st round

The more I think about this, the more I don't like the idea of taking any of the top CB's in this draft in the 1st round. All of them are 6' and under. The NFL is changing. Small CB's are just out matched now with these bigger 6'4 and 6'5 WR's, who can fly. It used to be these bigger WR's weren't as fast and the smaller CB's could make up some of the height disadvantage with the better speed. That's really not the case anymore. These bigger WR's these days can run too, they're not simply just big. Further more, we're now seeing these big TE's get faster also. I just think it makes more sense to use a 2nd rounder on one of the better taller CB's. Don't trade up in the 1st to get a small CB, just not worth it in my book.

Thoughts.

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    The more I think about this, the more I don't like the idea of taking any of the top CB's in this draft in the 1st round. All of them are 6' and under. The NFL is changing. Small CB's are just out matched now with these bigger 6'4 and 6'5 WR's, who can fly. It used to be these bigger WR's weren't as fast and the smaller CB's could make up some of the height disadvantage with the better speed. That's really not the case anymore. These bigger WR's these days can run too, they're not simply just big. Further more, we're now seeing these big TE's get faster also. I just think it makes more sense to use a 2nd rounder on one of the better taller CB's. Don't trade up in the 1st to get a small CB, just not worth it in my book.

Thoughts.
    I like Pierre Desir for our 2nd round pick

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

Thoughts.
      Makes me yearn for the days when Lenny Walls was starting for us. Just kidding!

Comment

I never did understand the Lenny Walls hate. I mean he wasn't all-pro but my god... You would have thunk he was Alphonso Smith bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler View Post
          Makes me yearn for the days when Lenny Walls was starting for us. Just kidding!
          Yeah, having height is no guarantee they can play in the NFL. And it's not that I don't think shorter CB's can play in the NFL, I just wouldn't trade up in the 1st and spend alot to get one. If one falls to #31 then fine. But no way am I going to move up in round #1 and give up picks to land a CB smaller then 6'.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
            I never did understand the Lenny Walls hate. I mean he wasn't all-pro but my god... You would have thunk he was Alphonso Smith bad.
            UDFA

A unique corner ahead of his time. Seems like NFL is more open minded these days to 6-foot something corners.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
              Huh? I was a HUGE Walls fan coming out of BC, but I have no problem admitting he was a worse NFL CB than Alphonso Smith......by far.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                I like Pierre Desir for our 2nd round pick
                This is about my 4th pimp post for the kid. I AGREE! Major sleeper!

Comment

Pierre Desir? What -- are we going for the oldest rookies drafted ever? I believe he started college in 2008/9. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                    Pierre Desir? What -- are we going for the oldest rookies drafted ever? I believe he started college in 2008/9. Lol.
                    He's 23. He has 2 kids and a wife. Was humbled by being a father at 16 and coming from parents who lived in squalor in the hood on the South side of 'the Lou...but they all felt was a major step up from their home country.

Long line of hard workers....he chose family over the big time program...was recruited by the likes of Michigan State but started at tine Washburn College...coach was a prick to him and wouldn't release him to Lindenwood so he had to sit out a year. He took a menial job to support the family.

Everything here local on the kid is EXCELLENT character and extremely hard worker. Good speed...excellent height. I heard the local buzz on him a few years ago.

Worth a shot...he's not the type that is going to sign a contract and chill...I believe he will take to coaching and put in the work to be great.

I want him!

Comment

^ He has a website up where you can predict what team drafts him and win something.

Gonna do that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                        ^ He has a website up where you can predict what team drafts him and win something.

Gonna do that now.
                        link?

Comment

BPA

Comment

Originally posted by phibacka31 View Post
                            link?
                            You think I am going to give you the website where you can predict what team drafts him, what round, what pick and have a chance to win a jersey, cleats and Madden 15?

No.

Comment

http://lindenwoodlions.com/sb_output.aspx?form=15

Comment

Working...
                              X