Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Broncos have discussed “moving up” in draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Report: Broncos have discussed “moving up” in draft

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-up-in-draft/

    The team slated to select next-to-last in every round of the 2014 NFL Draft is reportedly considering what it would take to move up the board.

    According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Broncos are “talking about” trading up.

    The Broncos have the No. 31 overall pick. They also have all of their picks in Rounds Two through Seven (Nos. 63, 95, 131, 171, 207, 246).

    The prospect of a Denver leap up the board is an interesting one on multiple levels, as we noted Tuesday. For starters, there is the matter of whom the Broncos could be targeting. And then there is the issue of what the Broncos would have to surrender to move into an earlier spot. Given the Broncos’ low draft slot in every round, it’s conceivable 2015 draft picks could come into play in the event Denver really wanted to make a bold move forward.

  • #2
    If they want their CB they'll have to jump the niners cause if the niners don't trade up for a WR, they'll take the best CB on the board.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Action View Post
      The prospect of a Denver leap up the board is an interesting one on multiple levels, as we noted Tuesday. For starters, there is the matter of whom the Broncos could be targeting. And then there is the issue of what the Broncos would have to surrender to move into an earlier spot.
      check out the hard-hitting multilevel analysis from pft here.

      move up and get one of the top 3 CBs. Do IT!

      Comment


      • #4


        That is all.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          If they want their CB they'll have to jump the niners cause if the niners don't trade up for a WR, they'll take the best CB on the board.
          Gilbert, Fuller, Dennard, Roby, Verrett will be gone by 30.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would assume Fuller.

            Not sure they like Shazier enough to move up.

            Mosely wont be in range to move up for, i dont think.

            Comment


            • #7
              Fuller pls

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                Gilbert, Fuller, Dennard, Roby, Verrett will be gone by 30.
                Maybe not Verrett as he seems to be sliding due to medical concerns. But I agree for the most part that if you need a CB you have to trade up.

                Any else get the feeling that we are going to do something unexpected though?
                Every year of Elway's regime we have been rumored to be in love with a player only to either pass over them or trade out of the slot.

                It was Peterson in the first draft, Miller & Martin in the next and then Te'O and Lacy last time.

                The only called one was Osweiler.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Peyton Manning says Johnny Football is the most punctual Quarterback in the 2014 draft.........
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Mike Klis already reported this like 2 days ago. Said the five players they're targeting are C.J. Mosley, Ryan Shazier, Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, and Kyle Fuller.

                    I would like the move depending on the compensation. Miami at #19 looks to be an ideal partner. Shazier and Mosley won't make it past Arizona, Green Bay. Philly would take any of those 5. This makes sense especially with word of Miami looking Ju'Wuan James. They could likely get him at #31. Would take our 2nd round pick to do it.

                    If one of them is still there at #23 to Kansas City that would make sense as well. I know we're division rivals but they have no 2nd round pick. They can still get a guy like Sua'Filo at 31 and pick up an extra 3rd. After that Bengals at 24 and Chargers at 25 are hot spots at corner.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/st...97386169253888

                      Just caught the @RapSheet report about Denver looking to trade up…I heard the same thing today.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
                        Mike Klis already reported this like 2 days ago. Said the five players they're targeting are C.J. Mosley, Ryan Shazier, Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, and Kyle Fuller.

                        I would like the move depending on the compensation. Miami at #19 looks to be an ideal partner. Shazier and Mosley won't make it past Arizona, Green Bay. Philly would take any of those 5. This makes sense especially with word of Miami looking Ju'Wuan James. They could likely get him at #31. Would take our 2nd round pick to do it.

                        If one of them is still there at #23 to Kansas City that would make sense as well. I know we're division rivals but they have no 2nd round pick. They can still get a guy like Sua'Filo at 31 and pick up an extra 3rd. After that Bengals at 24 and Chargers at 25 are hot spots at corner.
                        From my Miami friends - they say Miami is also targeting mosley or shazier

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
                          Mike Klis already reported this like 2 days ago. Said the five players they're targeting are C.J. Mosley, Ryan Shazier, Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, and Kyle Fuller.

                          I would like the move depending on the compensation. Miami at #19 looks to be an ideal partner. Shazier and Mosley won't make it past Arizona, Green Bay. Philly would take any of those 5. This makes sense especially with word of Miami looking Ju'Wuan James. They could likely get him at #31. Would take our 2nd round pick to do it.

                          If one of them is still there at #23 to Kansas City that would make sense as well. I know we're division rivals but they have no 2nd round pick. They can still get a guy like Sua'Filo at 31 and pick up an extra 3rd. After that Bengals at 24 and Chargers at 25 are hot spots at corner.
                          15, 17 and 19 are ideal spots. Maybe even 13 but St Louis would want a fortune.
                          Pitt, Baltimore and Miami are rumored to want to move back.

                          Lions, Bears, Steelers and Jets are the potential problem children for CB's.
                          Titans, Giants, Cardinals and Packers are the worry for LB.
                          Last edited by IndelibleScribe; 05-07-2014, 05:36 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
                            Mike Klis already reported this like 2 days ago. Said the five players they're targeting are C.J. Mosley, Ryan Shazier, Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, and Kyle Fuller.

                            I would like the move depending on the compensation. Miami at #19 looks to be an ideal partner. Shazier and Mosley won't make it past Arizona, Green Bay. Philly would take any of those 5. This makes sense especially with word of Miami looking Ju'Wuan James. They could likely get him at #31. Would take our 2nd round pick to do it.

                            If one of them is still there at #23 to Kansas City that would make sense as well. I know we're division rivals but they have no 2nd round pick. They can still get a guy like Sua'Filo at 31 and pick up an extra 3rd. After that Bengals at 24 and Chargers at 25 are hot spots at corner.
                            , SF moved up from 31 to 18 and it just cost their 3rd.

                            It would at most cost our 3rd.

                            Maybe a 1st, 4th, and 4th in 2015.

                            What about our 1st, Clark, and a late-pick?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I was expecting a report like this to come out. With all the comp picks the Broncos should get next year, it makes good sense to give up a 2015 pick if there's a player they really want.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X