Clear All

• NFP: Three Draft Musings Going On Behind The Scenes

I love NFP and this is a fun article.

Enjoy.

I agree. Draft in May completely sucks.

Comment

interesting article

Comment

There was very little of interest in this article for me. Some of it has been going on for a long time. Like do people really believe that we magically just know what to offer college free agents the instant the UNFA's become available to contact? And this is the character draft? Let's see how it shakes it before we label it anything.

Comment

solid read.

I hadnt thought about the extra 2 weeks giving teams the extra time to scout UDFA's.

Comment

Solid read, nothing we didn't already know but it puts it in a nice package to view all together.

Comment

2014 is the “character draft”
              This year more emphasis will be put on the draftees' character than just about anything else (with the exception of medical). For decades, character flaws were usually overshadowed by height, weight, speed and production. Not this year. After the mess in Miami, the Hernandez situations, and other high profile social and domestic slip-ups by several players, GMs will err on the side of begin cautious. I know that several teams are developing a zero tolerance policy towards players with character issues. Others are moving highly rated players way down the board because of suspicious activity in college and/or high school.
              One AFC South team is going the extra mile in checking the background of players on their draft board. They are asking for social security numbers and really going way back and digging deep. If you see a player slip, it may be because of a medical issue or that there was a skeleton found in his closet.
              I found this part interesting. Plus I'm hearing that Bradley Roby is sliding. Question is if he's there at #63 do you and/or the Broncos take him?

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                I found this part interesting. Plus I'm hearing that Bradley Roby is sliding. Question is if he's there at #63 do you and/or the Broncos take him?
                At #63, he is totally worth the gamble. I read the Bengals are considering him at their first selection.

Comment

I don't think Roby makes it out of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                    He might, but if he does it he will be picked in high second. And the reason he would slide is because folks panic and decide grad a QB or LB in first because of the lack of depth for those position in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                      Interesting. Which draft site are you using. I go to http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ and they have him with a second round grade.

Comment

Working...
                      X