Clear All

• 9 Greatest CBs in NFL History

Why not top 10

http://www.sportsbreak.com/nfl/the-9...utm_medium=cpc

Deadlines.

Comment

lol

Comment

anything after champ bailey simply doesn't matter.

rangeglasses:

Comment

3 of the top 6 were Detroit Lions ...

But even more strange: How is it possible they left Mike Haynes off this list? Widely touted as the best pure cover corner ever, undoubtedly top 9. The list seems overly enamoured with how hard guys hit. Imo that skill matters very little to CB rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
            3 of the top 6 were Detroit Lions ...

But even more strange: How is it possible they left Mike Haynes off this list? Widely touted as the best pure cover corner ever, undoubtedly top 9. The list seems overly enamoured with how hard guys hit. Imo that skill matters very little to CB rankings.
            I find it interesting that they focus on Charles Woodson's tackles and passes defenses, when Champ beats him in both categories.

Articles should be called: "My favorite Corners and how I justify that."

Comment

Wouldn't have been my order, when you achieve a certain level of greatness it is pointless to argue about the order, but how is Darrell Green not on the list??

Comment

Originally posted by chanesaw View Post
                Wouldn't have been my order, when you achieve a certain level of greatness it is pointless to argue about the order, but how is Darrell Green not on the list??
                Darrell Green was a great CB for a lot of years but he was never a shut down guy. Teams went after him because of his size which enabled him to make plays.

Take those guys on the list and I would rather have any of them then Darrell Green. I would rather have Mike Haynes than Darrell Green. Darrell Green is definitely in the next 5-10 for sure.

Comment

I couldn't take anymore when they put Charles Woodson ahead of Champ. Not only that but Rod Woodson as the number 1 corner ahead of everybody else including Deion. This website can't be taken seriously.

Comment

Dick Lebeau? get the **** out with that ****. If Champ isn't in the top three on talent alone, the list is bs.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
                      I find it interesting that they focus on Charles Woodson's tackles and passes defenses, when Champ beats him in both categories.

EXACTLY...waste of time

Comment

Champ is definitely top 3 and most assuredly better than C Woodson.
                        And I'm a Michigan fan. That list is some BS.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Okay, MY best Corners ever list:

How I Justify (Criteria):
                          1. Man coverage skill
                          2. Zone coverage skill
                          3. Adjustment during play/closing quickness
                          4. Hands/Ints
                          5. Run support
                          6. Blitz skill/laying wood
                          1. Deion Sanders
                          2. Mike Haynes

Deion is HORR-ible on 5 and 6, but 1-4 nobody is his equal
                          Last edited by BroncoBuff; 05-07-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
                            Okay, MY best Corners ever list:

How I Justify (Criteria):
                            1. Man coverage skill
                            2. Zone coverage skill
                            3. Adjustment during play/closing quickness
                            4. Hands/Ints
                            5. Run support
                            6. Blitz skill/laying wood
                            1. Deion Sanders
                            2. Mike Haynes

Deion is HORR-ible on 5 and 6, but 1-4 nobody is his equal
                            the fact that Deion was so bad in run support and in just general tackling or anything requiring him to be physical is why anytime someone calls him the best corner ever, I have to disagree. In coverage he has no equal, but his all around game is not at the level of Champ's. Champ did it all in his prime.

Comment

Proud to be the first to nominate:
                              Louis Wright

Maybe not all-time Top 10, but any self-respecting Top 25 list would include him:

12 seasons
                              5 Pro Bowls
                              Twice 1st team All-Pro
                              All-Decade Team 1970s

Very few CBs (Champ is one) have been his equal in run support
                              Excellent man cover skills, quick recovery and closing.

Again though, like Champ, Deion, Haynes ... not a big hitter.

I say leave the big hitting to safeties and linebackers. With CBs you want passes defended.

Comment

Working...
                              X