Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs interested in trading Flowers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...andon-flowers/

According to NFLPA data, Flowers is due $5.25 million in 2014, $6.25 million in 2015 and $6.5 million in 2016.

His salary seems reasonable why would the Chiefs want to trade him?

Typical Chiefs.

Comment

Guess they are looking at trying to move up to draft a QB. Or another tackle.

Comment

good luck with that.. maybe they'll get someone to bite as a mother's day gift.

Comment

what does this have to do with Brandon Flowers?
          Last edited by JCMElway; 05-07-2014, 07:04 AM.

Comment

How is that going to keep the Best Defense in History intact?

Comment

Sorry, but did anyone read the actual ****ing articles?

According to Dan Pompei of Bleacher Report...
              And deeeennnn (if you click on the BR link)...

Teams looking for a starting cornerback in the draft may be hard pressed to find one if they don't strike early. But they may be able to acquire a veteran in a trade. The Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal Brandon Flowers in an attempt to acquire extra draft selections. The corner made the Pro Bowl in 2013 even though he did not have his best season. Pro scouts consider him a tough, scrappy player who is an above-average cover man. Flowers' contract could make a trade difficult. He is due to earn $5.25 million in base salary this year, and at this point of the offseason, not many teams have the type of cap flexibility to acquire a player with that big a number.
              Maybe I am missing it, but I see no real source, it's all speculation. God I hate PFT.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
                Guess they are looking at trying to move up to draft a QB. Or another tackle.
                Wouldn't it be classic chiefs to trade Flowers so they could move up in the first round and draft another QB a year after they gave two second round picks for Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                  Sorry, but did anyone read the actual ****ing articles?

And deeeennnn (if you click on the BR link)...

Maybe I am missing it, but I see no real source, it's all speculation. God I hate PFT.
                  I was just about to read the article, then I saw this post. Good looking out. I don't have to waist my time on crap like that and instead go read all the other intelligent threads here.

Comment

Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                    Typical Chiefs.
                    Everything goes in a place like this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p4_1t5jjo4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...andon-flowers/

According to NFLPA data, Flowers is due $5.25 million in 2014, $6.25 million in 2015 and $6.5 million in 2016.

His salary seems reasonable why would the Chiefs want to trade him?
                      This has been discussed for weeks and it's good business. I love Flowers but he's making too damn much (thanks Pioli) and he doesn't fit our scheme. He's built for the cover 2. This is a big reason why the Chiefs don't have money right now.

Dorsey is trying to get something for him now instead of just letting him go for nothing. If/when he's cut next year the Chiefs get $7.5 million in cap savings.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                        This has been discussed for weeks and it's good business. I love Flowers but he's making too damn much (thanks Pioli) and he doesn't fit our scheme. He's built for the cover 2. This is a big reason why the Chiefs don't have money right now.

Dorsey is trying to get something for him now instead of just letting him go for nothing. If/when he's cut next year the Chiefs get $7.5 million in cap savings.
                        Sadly he is the best CB they have, your right for once, he is over paid and would likely be the #2 CB anywhere else.

I would love to see them trade him run up the white flag and go full rebuild mode. Move Cooper to the LCB and a rook at RCB and Manning will set a new single game TD mark because we know that one dimensional pass rush can't touch Manning!

Comment

Deep CB class this draft. Makes sense to take one and try to get something for Flowers. If you can't let him stay this year and then get a lot of space to use in free agency next year.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                            Deep CB class this draft. Makes sense to take one and try to get something for Flowers. If you can't let him stay this year and then get a lot of space to use in free agency next year.
                            It would make sense if you had a player behind him. I didn't mind losing Champ because we have Chris Harris who is playing at a high level.

kFc has no one at CB after Flowers and even he isn't #1 CB material. Berry isn't much of a coverage dude either.

You might as well assume the position now, lock your tray table, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass good bye. It is going to be another long year for kFc.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                              It would make sense if you had a player behind him. I didn't mind losing Champ because we have Chris Harris who is playing at a high level.

kFc has no one at CB after Flowers and even he isn't #1 CB material. Berry isn't much of a coverage dude either.

You might as well assume the position now, lock your tray table, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass good bye. It is going to be another long year for kFc.
                              Sean Smith had a nice year last year. He was our best CB. Marcus Cooper played nice for a rookie and should get better. Last year was his first year ever playing CB. Add a draft pick and that's 3 guys. Some youth there tho

Comment

Working...
                              X