Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Rumor: Fox loves Hageman

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/5...ashade-hageman

Heck of a talent but seems like a boom/bust type.

Of all the positions we could take a boom or bust type at. DT is a position I would not worry about for Fox and JDR.

Comment

Could the Broncos pick DL with their 1st pick 5 out of the last 6 years, while completely ignoring MLB/CB until the 3rd round?

Stay tuned.

2009 - Robert Ayers
      2011 - Von Miller
      2012 - Derek Wolfe
      2013 - Sylvester Williams

Comment

Yeah defensive line they seem pretty good. In fact defense in general. The nice thing about a good patient coaching staff is they are going to do the most they can with someone once they get here.

Comment

Watching him play, you can see the appeal. The guy is gigantic and mobile. He's still rough around the edges but when he gets better coaching and figures it out, offenses will not be able to double team him with Ware & Miller on the field. It potentially could cause a lot of havok.

Brandt came out and said he likes him a lot better than Tuitt at DT but he's a big combine guy.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            Could the Broncos pick DL with their 1st pick 5 out of the last 6 years, while completely ignoring MLB/CB until the 3rd round?

Stay tuned.

2009 - Robert Ayers
            2011 - Von Miller
            2012 - Derek Wolfe
            2013 - Sylvester Williams
            I don't like ignoring MLB but we all did complain for years that we needed to focus on the DL. We have gotten our wish so far.

Comment

All you have to do is remind Hageman he was adopted every day he practices and he will give it his all.

Comment

I can imagine a line of Ware,Sly,Jernigan/Hageman and Wolfe.
                And that is only if Knighton walks. The DL depth would be epic.

Comment

Ive heard him compared to Kris Jenkins skill set so Im very, very intrigued. But, DT almost seems like the last position the Bronco have a need at.

Comment

I'm all for building up the defensive line because of the overall ripple effect on the entire defense, including the LBers. If the Broncos pass on someone like Shazier and take Hageman, I will have a problem with it. But, Moseley and Shazier won't be there at 31 and I doubt the Broncos will trade up to take either.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
                      Ive heard him compared to Kris Jenkins skill set so Im very, very intrigued. But, DT almost seems like the last position the Bronco have a need at.
                      With Vickerson, Unrein, Knighton FA's after the year, i would disagree.

It's not as big as CB/MLB but it's a bigger need than some would admit.

Comment

Just for the fact he was a foster kid I am rooting for him.

Go Hageman!

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                          With Vickerson, Unrein, Knighton FA's after the year, i would disagree.

It's not as big as CB/MLB but it's a bigger need than some would admit.
                          Long term there may be a need, but its still possible the Broncos resign some/all those guys or land a FA next offseason. Theres a decent contingency plan available.

1st round picks are expected to start in todays NFL, with the usual exception of Qbs. The Broncos already have 2 guys ready to start at DT on the roster, or 3 if you like Vick. Now, Im not saying he would be a bad pick because hes a DT, just that in terms of value, theres other position, especially right now, that would benefit more, namely LB/CB/OL.

Comment

Hageman?

2nd year in a row they're going to draft an old rookie?

Great prospect though. Love that size and attitude.
                            Last edited by Action; 05-06-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I've been as interested as anyone in Hageman for a long time simply due to what he's capable of physically. He's got All-Pro talent and size, for sure.

I'd rather see them add some playmakers in the secondary, but I will probably get excited over whoever they draft regardless. If you're taking a risk, you might as well take a guy with limitless potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X