Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeves, Upchurch, Mingo selected for the ROF

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...a-bc96554e5627

Elway and Reeves in the same stadium. Talk about awkward.

Comment

About freaking time for Rick Upchurch. Greatest return man in the NFL until Hester. Grats to Reeves. I bet Cito is happy.

Comment

Way overdue.

Comment

I actually saw Mingo play. Good all around athelete. One year he kicked 26 field goals which was a tie for the pro football record. That same year Lou "The Toe" Groza also kicked 26 field goals and all the press could talk about was Groza's "record", and he kicked in the NFL while Mingo kicked in the AFL. In those days, the hash marks were much wider so kickers had at time some ferocious angles to kick from.

One of the sadder days for me was when Mingo was traded to the still hated Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
            About freaking time for Rick Upchurch. Greatest return man in the NFL until Hester. Grats to Reeves. I bet Cito is happy.
            Cito is never happy.

Comment

The real question is when does Shanahan go in?

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                Cito is never happy.
                Fair enough. He probably resents that Elway is running the team while Reeves is receiving this award.

Comment

I'm very happy to see Rick Upchurch finally inducted into the Ring of Fame.

I know this will be a big deal and will mean a lot to him.

Comment

That's great news! Upchurch was the biggest omission, to this point. And I think this will mean the world to Dan Reeves. I've always gotten the sense that his feelings were hurt after he left here. Even though he was a veteran coach, by then, this was his first head coaching job. Plus, he has spent his whole career hearing, "John Elway was the Broncos, all those years!" True, or not - that couldn't have felt too good. Then Shanahan came in, and experienced almost immediate, unprecedented success (and beat Reeves in the biggest game of them all).

Like Dan Reeves, or not, as a football coach - you can't argue that he's not a decent man. It will be good for him to have a warm, fuzzy experience with the franchise, and the fans.

Comment

long, long overdue for Reeves

Comment

No question in my mind that Dan Reeves earned a spot.

But I'm more thrilled about Upchurch. One of the few Broncos I've had a chance to talk to at length and one of the most humble guys you'd ever meet.

Comment

No Simon Fletcher

Comment

Reeves and Upchurch awesome!

Mingo? I'll need some convincing on that one.

Comment

Never saw Mingo play.....love the Reaves and Upchurch selections.

I understand there was some bad blood with DR....but, making Upchurch wait this long is asinine!

Comment

Working...
                              X