X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-grading 2011 NFL Draft

Denver Broncos

2011 grade: B-minus

The skinny: They took pass rusher Von Miller in the first round, and he's a star when he's on the field. He's now coming off major knee surgery. Second-round pick Rahim Moore is also coming off an injury-plagued season, but is a decent player. Orlando Franklin, another second-round pick, started at right tackle the past two seasons and should be the left guard in 2014. Fourth-round pick Julius Thomas was named to the Pro Bowl last season at tight end. Nate Irving and Quentin Carter are backups.

How I did: I questioned the decision to take Miller over Dareus, which Denver got right and I didn't. My third-day gem was Thomas, which is a big hit. I liked the pick of Moore in the second as their best pick.

Re-grade: A

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...an-ponder-an-a

I didn't care between Miller and Peterson... My attitude was that Darius could be a damn good player but there was two superstars in the draft and we needed one of them. The rest of the draft I.... Like most.... Blew it. I wanted Von or Peterson and the rest of the picks DT's. Only slightly exaggerating on that.

Broncos get an A+++.

Comment

Didn't miss on Miller knew he was going to be really good. Spotted him when A&M played the sooners in 2010.
      I wanted Dareus because I believe you start to rebuild at the first point of contact that's at the LOS. Dareus was the best dt in that draft.
      Also wanted a couple of safeties and we drafted two only one of them was my choice But they selected Moore. I thought maybe the team knew better than me and hoped they were right. Franklin was a good pick, Carter was going to be really good, he won the starting job and played well until the knee injury.
      Irving was an OK pick, Mohamed not so much. Didn't know anything about Thomas, Green was ok and could be better with more playing time IMO.
      That first Elway/Fox draft was excellent.

Hey Guess Who Jen's a total biscuit isn't she.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
        Denver Broncos

The skinny: They took pass rusher Von Miller in the first round, and he's a star when he's on the field. He's now coming off major knee surgery. Second-round pick Rahim Moore is also coming off an injury-plagued season, but is a decent player. Orlando Franklin, another second-round pick, started at right tackle the past two seasons and should be the left guard in 2014. Fourth-round pick Julius Thomas was named to the Pro Bowl last season at tight end. Nate Irving and Quentin Carter are backups.

How I did: I questioned the decision to take Miller over Dareus, which Denver got right and I didn't. My third-day gem was Thomas, which is a big hit. I liked the pick of Moore in the second as their best pick.

I wish more draft "gurus" would do this same thing. What they think hours after a draft means absolutely nothing. What happens to a draft class after a minimum of 2 years(3 is better) is where you can really get an idea if a draft was successful or not.

I'm not a fan of Prisco's, but kudos to him for manning up, and admitting when he is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by driver View Post
          Hey Guess Who Jen's a total biscuit isn't she.

She has a pretty muscular back though.

Comment

I remember being so ****ing pissed when we passed on Austin and Paea in the 2nd round. For me the whole draft was ruined because of it.

We were so DT starved for so long at that point though. I still have no doubt that had we had Jack at the time we'd have taken 1 of them.

Hindsight is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
              I remember being so ****ing pissed when we passed on Austin and Paea in the 2nd round. For me the whole draft was ruined because of it.

We were so DT starved for so long at that point though. I still have no doubt that had we had Jack at the time we'd have taken 1 of them.

Hindsight is what it is.
              I was about Paea. I wasn't focused on Miller but did not have a problem taking him as it was so damn refreshing to take a defensive player as a priority.

As I remember, Moore and Carter were the two top rated safeties in a very weak class.

Comment

Kinda on topic.

Dareus arrested in Alabama

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ted-in-alabama

Comment

Julius Thomas makes this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    Denver Broncos

if you scroll down to the bottom of the article there is a cool graphic of the draft and it lets you isolate information, very cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X