Off Season Fluffiness: Peyton Manning On Letterman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Season Fluffiness: Peyton Manning On Letterman

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HGeBh0LrTik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To go on from that, to the season he just had. Good lord.

Comment

Was Adam Gase in the audience?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        Was Adam Gase in the audience?
        You misspelled Alex Smith.

Comment

As much as I hated him as a Colt I love him as a Bronco.

Comment

The is absolutely crazy that he went from not knowing where his arm was in space to throwing for an NFL record 55 TDs and 5,477 yards - he was truly born to play quarterback and has an insane work ethic.

Comment

I would argue that this isn't exactly a fluff piece, based just on the portion of the interview above. They talk about nothing but his injury and his recovery for 4 minutes. Its heavy stuff, considering that he still doesn't think he is where he was and had one of the most amazing QB years ever.

Honestly those 4 minutes with Letterman is better journalism than anything I've seen out of the Post in the last year, in terms of sports.

Comment

You could tell how much respect Letterman truly has for him, which I thought was pretty cool.

Comment

• The fact on-field microphones pick up the cadence during games, including Manning's oft-used "Omaha.''

"I don't like it, I'm not a fan of it ... because it reveals terminology an opponent next week can use,'' Manning said. "I don't like Bill Belichick hearing our plays that we're using ... I think you've got to get up there and say some really negative things about the commissioner, Roger Goodell, you know, 'Blue 20, blue 20, Roger Goodell is a no good you know what,' and I think they'll just kind of turn that volume down.''

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    • The fact on-field microphones pick up the cadence during games, including Manning's oft-used "Omaha.''

"I don't like it, I'm not a fan of it ... because it reveals terminology an opponent next week can use,'' Manning said. "I don't like Bill Belichick hearing our plays that we're using ... I think you've got to get up there and say some really negative things about the commissioner, Roger Goodell, you know, 'Blue 20, blue 20, Roger Goodell is a no good you know what,' and I think they'll just kind of turn that volume down.''
                    The Letterman response was pretty good: "Well we all know that Belichick brings his own microphones."

Comment

I wish he could deliver in SB's like he can on TV. I have a love/hate thing with him.
                      Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 05-06-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Cito is gonna' flip when he sees this.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                          I wish he could deliver in SB's like he can on TV. I have a love/hate thing with him.
                          Regardless of the super bowl, regardless if you dislike the guy, what he went through and came back from and did in the last two years is pretty incredible.

Speaking of superbowls... I will be so happy to have a healthy Clady back this year. Our O-line made me nervous as hell last year. I really hope its shored up and the depth is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                            Regardless of the super bowl, regardless if you dislike the guy, what he went through and came back from and did in the last two years is pretty incredible.

Speaking of superbowls... I will be so happy to have a healthy Clady back this year. Our O-line made me nervous as hell last year. I really hope its shored up and the depth is there.
                            Yeah I do agree there. SB still has me bitter. I love Manning the guy and as a Bronco just his uptight anal little things that gets to him in big games is what I hate.
                            Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 05-06-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

He'll never be Elway. But I realized that I didn't hate Manning so much as jealous he keep beating the Esss out of us.

Comment

Working...
                              X