Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, learned that lesson the hard way

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Rabb View Post
    #elderscrollsonline4lyfe
    How is that, anyway?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
      How is that, anyway?
      I am not a huge MMO guy but I love RPGs in general and have loved the Elder Scrolls games of the past. That said, it's great for me. Really, if you liked the other games in the series and are ok with a monthly fee...it's a really fun game with a ton to do.

      I'd say it's absolutely a game to take your time on, enjoy the quests, stories, etc. Grouping up is a little wonky, but it's fun when you can make it work. I was on the fence with it, but got it for my birthday and really am enjoying it.

      I also got Reaper of Souls at the same time though, so I am splitting my time pretty well.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        My friend's mom was obsessed with the game. She got to the end when you get the real wings and giant shield and beat it while we watched. I only was able to do so again years ago when I got my emulator and game library ported to my PC.
        Most people's first Milfs aren't nearly that cool.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Rabb View Post
          I am not a huge MMO guy but I love RPGs in general and have loved the Elder Scrolls games of the past. That said, it's great for me. Really, if you liked the other games in the series and are ok with a monthly fee...it's a really fun game with a ton to do.

          I'd say it's absolutely a game to take your time on, enjoy the quests, stories, etc. Grouping up is a little wonky, but it's fun when you can make it work. I was on the fence with it, but got it for my birthday and really am enjoying it.

          I also got Reaper of Souls at the same time though, so I am splitting my time pretty well.
          I don't have a ton of history with MMOs either. Spent some time trying out LOTRO. It was alright. I've played a **** ton of Oblivion and Skyrim over the years though. Just seemed like applying MMO principles to it might wreck the formula. I think grouping is always the problem. It's pretty much broken in Lotro, which is why I quit trying. Grinding solo is only entertaining for so long.

          Mostly I just don't have the time to give it right now, so I've been avoiding it. I'm sure I'll get to it sooner or later.

          Comment


          • #35
            Honestly they way they added MMO to it, didn't disrupt it at all. They separate PvP versus PvE quite well.

            If you ever get it, hit me up.

            Comment


            • #36
              Speaking of video games, has anyone played Dark Souls? I bought that damn game and gave up a few days later. A little out of my league.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                This reminds me of that time I ordered fries with my chicken sandwich, and I didn't check my order at Chick-fil-a and there were no fries when I got back to work. Fortunately this nightmare ends on a positive note; I called the manager whose name is Theresa and she agreed to comp my entire meal on my next visit.

                Lesson learned, friends. Sometimes we have to go through extreme hardships to learn the powerful lessons the world is waiting to teach all of us.
                wow, crazy. im glad you didn't off yourself because of those waffle fries. they are to die for... literally!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                  Speaking of video games, has anyone played Dark Souls? I bought that damn game and gave up a few days later. A little out of my league.
                  Just bought it a couple weeks ago and its pretty damn fun. Its a decent challenge. Doesnt hold your hand, has an interesting atmosphere/characters, and the battle systems good.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                    You could have put this in the most terrifying moments of your life thread, just saying.
                    i concur. since we are on the topic, when Khan created the disney poll, it was terrifying when snow white didn't get the most votes.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      speaking off, im playing rome II on an old system. man it sucks, i need a new computer. so building a new one.

                      is this a good system?

                      i7 4820 lga 2011
                      gtx 470 w 2gb
                      4gb dd3 1600
                      i am keeping my old power supply which is 750w
                      asus lga 2011 mlb

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                        My 3 Greatest Video Game accomplishments:

                        1. HLK 25 Heroic (pre-final patch that sent DPS through the roof)
                        2. Megaman 2 (on Hardest setting)
                        3. Sewer Shark
                        I'm not big on hardest-level achievements. 99.9% of the time I get too bored with a game to go through that many reps.

                        N64 007 on 00-agent difficulty was probably the best I ever did. And on some older arcade Galaga machines, if you scored a little over a million points, the game would stop counting any more. Seemed like the later revisions didn't do this though, so it's probably not doable anymore.
                        Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 05-07-2014, 02:44 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
                          Just bought it a couple weeks ago and its pretty damn fun. Its a decent challenge. Doesnt hold your hand, has an interesting atmosphere/characters, and the battle systems good.
                          I thought it was a lot of fun, I just hated how far it made you go back when you die. I'm not an avid gamer, nor am I very patient. It was just a little too hard for me.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Dark Souls is the best video game released in the last decade. Dark Souls 2 isn't quite as good, but what is?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                              speaking off, im playing rome II on an old system. man it sucks, i need a new computer. so building a new one.

                              is this a good system?

                              i7 4820 lga 2011
                              gtx 470 w 2gb
                              4gb dd3 1600
                              i am keeping my old power supply which is 750w
                              asus lga 2011 mlb
                              I was pretty disappointed with Rome II, but it wasn't because of my hardware.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by extralife View Post
                                Dark Souls is the best video game released in the last decade. Dark Souls 2 isn't quite as good, but what is?
                                Red Dead Redemption was awesome.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X