Well, learned that lesson the hard way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, learned that lesson the hard way

Had pre-ordered the digital copy of MLB the Show 14 for the Playstation 4. I should have caught a clue that unlike other services, the PSN was not allowing me to pre-load the game for launch day. I figured I would just get up early and start the download before I went to work this morning. Well, that didn't happen. The game was no where to be found in my system. Sony had released no statements other than to take down the available at 12:01 EST notices. I had to go to the operation sports forum to find out that Sony had monkey****ed the whole thing and no one who pre-ordered could download the game. I would have been better off waiting until today and just picking up a hard copy on the way home from work.

Well, that will be the last time I ever pre-order a digital copy of a game from the Sony PSN.
    Last edited by v2micca; 05-06-2014, 04:42 AM.

#firstworldproblems

Comment

life's a b**** and then you die; that's why we get high. Cause you never know when you're gonna go.

~Nas
      Last edited by HILife; 05-06-2014, 05:44 AM.

Comment

#elderscrollsonline4lyfe

Comment

I had the same thing happen with Infamous: Second Son. Lesson learned. No digital copy only until I get better internet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
            I dont think this constitutes as the "hard way", bud.

It's all context sensitive. Yes, being out $60 and not receiving the product I payed for isn't particularly taxing to me. Honestly, its more of an annoyance than anything else.

However, the alternative would have been doing a little background checking and uncovering that PSN similarly screwed up the day one digital roll out of Infamous Second Son. Combined with the fact that PSN was not offering a pre-load option for the game would have been enough to convince me to go hard copy for this title. Given those two scenarios, I would say I chose the one that would constitute learning the hard way.

Comment

I pretty much go with Amazon anymore for any game. They do release-day delivery and let's face it, I am not playing the damn thing until later that night regardless of when I get it.

That does suck, but I won't go digital anymore if I can help it.

Comment

sorry you couldn't play your videogame before work

Comment

Are you going to be ok?

Comment

Yeah, I know. Probably should have just started another if X player slides to 31 do we take him thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                      I dont think this constitutes as the "hard way", bud.
                      Thinking the same thing.
                      My experience "The Hard Way" involves some pain , sweat, and maybe a little blood.

All you perverts get your minds out of the gutter, not talking about that way!

Comment

This reminds me of that time I ordered fries with my chicken sandwich, and I didn't check my order at Chick-fil-a and there were no fries when I got back to work. Fortunately this nightmare ends on a positive note; I called the manager whose name is Theresa and she agreed to comp my entire meal on my next visit.

Lesson learned, friends. Sometimes we have to go through extreme hardships to learn the powerful lessons the world is waiting to teach all of us.

Comment

White man's struggle

Comment

You could have put this in the most terrifying moments of your life thread, just saying.

Comment

I have had zero success downloading games off my PSN.

Comment

Working...
                              X