X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway Pre-Draft presser.

Some tidbits.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h
    Elway: "If you look at wide receiver it's a deep draft ... the WRs are what makes it (the draft) deep." Otherwise, draft is "pretty normal." (Hmm, kinda agree) I'd add CB is pretty deep too, minus that, i agree.

Elway, on MLB: "I don't know that it's necessarily a need. We feel pretty good about Nate (Irving). especially on 1st & 2nd down."

Elway says the other nickel LB could be T.J. Ward.

Elway: "You have to cover every possible scenario ... 10 minutes in that first round is not a lot of time."

Elway: "If you've gone through different scenarios, it's going to improve your chances of being right when you have to make a move."

Elway: Marvin Austin "had a first-round grade three years ago...we thought he's a guy that can come in and help us."

Elway, on Marvin Austin: "He's had some issues his his past, and we think he's outgrown those."

Elway: hasn't yet settled on Franklin at LG. "We're going to look at all the options."

Elway: Mocking this draft is difficult, because teams have more options with every pick. "We're ready for anything."

Elway: it's harder to sign quality undrafted guys now because the roster is deep. "It's a good problem to have."

Elway: "it wasn't a tough decision" to pick up the fifth-year option on Miller.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h
    Elway on May draft: "It kind of helped us, because our season went so long. It allowed us to catch up. We’re fine with the extra two weeks."

Cecil Lammey ‏@cecillammey
    Elway "I think it (talking about fifth year option for 1st round QBs) adds to it (value of 31st pick)." #Broncos #NFLDraft

Cecil Lammey @cecillammey · 2h
    Elway "we are preparing as if Brock is our next guy" #Broncos

Elway, on MLB: "I don't know that it's necessarily a need. We feel pretty good about Nate (Irving). especially on 1st & 2nd down."
    Oh this thread is gonna' be fun.

Comment

TJ Ward as the nickle LBer?

Comment

2nd to last quote. That's it we drafting a QB at 31!

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          lol, I thought it meant that if there's a QB sitting there, like Bridgewater, then the Broncos would definitely get some value in a trade down scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            We should do a OM Google draft hangout...I have to see and hear reactions for something like this.

Comment

Take it how you want, but that sounds to me like we're rolling with Irving. Which I kind of figured all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                We should do a OM Google draft hangout...I have to see and hear reactions for something like this.
                Already doing this with some buddies on Thursday night. It'll be the first time all of us (outside one year) haven't watched the draft together in like 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                  Take it how you want, but that sounds to me like we're rolling with Irving. Which I kind of figured all along.
                  I wouldnt be all that surprised if we did that, honestly.

But dont believe much right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                    TJ Ward as the nickle LBer?
                    I can see that if we dont take a LB early.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                      I wouldnt be all that surprised if we did that, honestly.

But dont believe much right about now.
                      Yea, at this point you can't ever tell. Of course Elway isn't going to say "Yea, MLB is a position of need" and throw Irving under the bus, when he could very well be our starter at the position.

Comment

Ugh, Irving, the guy who was asked to be more vocal and said he wasn't comfortable with it... just another year of musical chairs at MLB.

Comment

Ugh, Irving, only the guy who made the best play for us in the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                            Ugh, Irving, the guy who was asked to be more vocal and said he wasn't comfortable with it... just another year of musical chairs at MLB.
                            Pokemon!

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                              Ugh, Irving, only the guy who made the best play for us in the Superbowl.
                              Thank goodness he stopped the score from being 47.
                              Last edited by Brohemoth; 05-05-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X