CB Justin Gilbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Justin Gilbert

Get him Elway. Protypical body type. 4.37 40. 6'1. 20 bench reps (best was 22).

6 career kick off return TDs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y89_Kmdn9Wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tti8GfSxunE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andrew Luck threw total 22 picks in college...Gilbert got one.
    Last edited by Action; 05-04-2014, 05:30 PM.

He'd obviously be great to get, but do the Broncos have enough to offer to trade that high?

Comment

Watched him in person several times. He's the best DB in the whole draft.

Good luck trading up at least 15 picks though. I doubt he falls past 12.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
        Watched him in person several times. He's the best DB in the whole draft.

Good luck trading up at least 15 picks though. I doubt he falls past 12.
        Giants are stacked at CB.

Prince, DRC, Thurmond, McBride and a few others.

If he falls past 10, i could see him fall to 13, Bears may get him, Steelers for sure would get him given their older secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
          He'd obviously be great to get, but do the Broncos have enough to offer to trade that high?
          They'd have to dip into next years crop, will get some compensation picks.

What would our 1st, 3rd, and next years 4th get us too?

Comment

I thought we were picking at #31.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
              I thought we were picking at #31.
              Broncos brought him in for a visit...

Comment

With that being said - Kyle Fuller is a more physical corner that can tackle - he's just not as athletically gifted as Gilbert. Gilbert can develop into a DB that will just blanket WRs.

Comment

I bet someone he's going top 10.
                  We wont have the ammo to get up that high.

I like Kyle Fuller in a trade up though

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                    Giants are stacked at CB.

Prince, DRC, Thurmond, McBride and a few others.

If he falls past 10, i could see him fall to 13, Bears may get him, Steelers for sure would get him given their older secondary.
                    Steelers are most def picking a corner. Trading up would be expensive but if Gilbert is hanging on the board right before 15 its possible but who would trade down?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      Steelers are most def picking a corner. Trading up would be expensive but if Gilbert is hanging on the board right before 15 its possible but who would trade down?
                      Everyone will want to trade down. This is one of the best draft classes in a long time. There's depth everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                        Everyone will want to trade down. This is one of the best draft classes in a long time. There's depth everywhere.
                        One Rumor has CLEV trading back with BUF at #9 and selecting Gilbert then possible use picks to trade up to secure the QB later in the first

Comment

I don't think the Broncos are desperate enough at the CB position to trade up for Gilbert. The Broncos will have to pretty much give up the house to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                            Get him Elway. Protypical body type. 4.37 40. 6'1. 20 bench reps (best was 22).

6 career kick off return TDs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y89_Kmdn9Wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tti8GfSxunE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andrew Luck threw total 22 picks in college...Gilbert got one.
                            We agree on this. I love Gilbert. He's just such a gifted and versatile athlete. Not as big or physical as Fuller (who I would also be excited about) but I just think he would be a stud for us. We obviously have interest. Pull it off Elway!

Comment

Gilbert is the real deal, but I don't see how he gets very far out of the top 10. My son is on the team at Oklahoma State, and he has mentioned seeing Justin in Lion's gear. I think that seems like a pretty realistic spot for him.

He would be a great pickup because of his return skills also, but i just don't see that it's worth it, unless you can package a player + picks. I'd be excited if we did, but it just doesn't seem realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X