X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Six
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    Original Superman is pretty awesome. It's too bad that Man of Steel didn't do an origin movie. We haven't had a Superman origin movie since the orig Superman...
    We don't need another origin movie. I hated the Andrew Garfield Spiderman movie, because they felt the need to show us that Peter Parker was bit by a radioactive spider. Well...DUH!

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Original Superman is pretty awesome. It's too bad that Man of Steel didn't do an origin movie. We haven't had a Superman origin movie since the orig Superman...

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by titan View Post
    My parents subscribed to Time Magazine when Star Wars first came out in 1977. On the opening week we got a Time with Star Wars on the cover - it said "The Year's Best Movie". I said to my Mom, "let's go see it". It was either the first or 2nd day it opened at the Cooper Theatre in Denver. The Theatre was half empty. One week later the lines to get in went around the block.

The old Cooper theatre was THE best place to see Star Wars (a cinerama theatre built in the 60's)
    great story! I think I saw Superman at the Cooper theatre, I can't remember where I saw Star wars in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
    Cinco de quatro is a good enough excuse to drink tequila for me!
    Five of Four?

Leave a comment:

• Pick Six
    replied
    Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
    Big Bang Theory
    "May the Fourth Be With You" was a tradition before Big Bang Theory immortalized it:

http://starwars.com/news/the-history...y-the-4th.html

One of the earliest known records of "May the 4th" used in popular culture is in 1979, as described here by author Alan Arnold while he was chronicling the making of The Empire Strikes Back for Lucasfilm:

Friday, May 4

"Margaret Thatcher has won the election and become Britain's first woman prime minister. To celebrate their victory her party took a half page of advertising space in the London Evening News. This message, referring to the day of victory, was 'May the Fourth Be With You, Maggie. Congratulations,' further proof of the extent to which Star Wars has influenced us all."

Leave a comment:

• rmsanger
    replied
    Cinco de quatro is a good enough excuse to drink tequila for me!

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    I'm more Star Trek than Star Wars, but until the Next Generation came out, I was into Star Wars more heavily. I had a lot of the books and the action figures. ROTJ has already been out a few years by the time I was old enough to understand the movies, so I definitely missed the boat there.

I love the Star Wars video games more than the Star Trek ones. The aliens in SW are much more randomized than Star Trek, who mostly featured humans with minor cosmetic changes. Hope the new movie is going to be good. The hype is going to be huge. If they can sit someone down to hold Abrams hand and show him what a logical plot should look like they should be ok. And keep Lucas away from any of the writing. Like a two mile quarantine for Mr "This is tense" please.

Leave a comment:

• sisterhellfyre
    replied
    The old Cooper theatre was THE best place to see Star Wars (a cinerama theatre built in the 60's)
    That's where I saw it the first time too! During that opening scene, with that Star Destroyer that just keeps coming and coming and filling the screen, I just sank farther and farther down into the seat until I just about ended up on the floor. I wasn't aware I was doing it til I had to catch myself.

Leave a comment:

• UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Hopefully there will be a reveal from Episode 7 today, and not just the Star Wars Rebels trailer.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoMan4ever
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    My first memory ever is going to see Star Wars in Brea, CA with my Grandparents and my brother when I was 3.

May the 4th be with you!

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied
    My parents subscribed to Time Magazine when Star Wars first came out in 1977. On the opening week we got a Time with Star Wars on the cover - it said "The Year's Best Movie". I said to my Mom, "let's go see it". It was either the first or 2nd day it opened at the Cooper Theatre in Denver. The Theatre was half empty. One week later the lines to get in went around the block.

"After years of changing hands, the massive theater was finally sold to Barnes & Noble, who razed it in 1994 to build a new store."

They should bulldoze all the B&N stores any day now.

Leave a comment:

• titan
    replied

Last edited by titan; 05-04-2014, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    ...predicts this thread will be dead in less then 10 replies
    Three posts away from your wrongness being immortalized.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X