Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
            ...predicts this thread will be dead in less then 10 replies
            Ok? What's it to you?

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
              ...predicts this thread will be dead in less then 10 replies
              Three posts away from your wrongness being immortalized.

Comment

My parents subscribed to Time Magazine when Star Wars first came out in 1977. On the opening week we got a Time with Star Wars on the cover - it said "The Year's Best Movie". I said to my Mom, "let's go see it". It was either the first or 2nd day it opened at the Cooper Theatre in Denver. The Theatre was half empty. One week later the lines to get in went around the block.

The old Cooper theatre was THE best place to see Star Wars (a cinerama theatre built in the 60's)
                Last edited by titan; 05-04-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by titan View Post
                  My parents subscribed to Time Magazine when Star Wars first came out in 1977. On the opening week we got a Time with Star Wars on the cover - it said "The Year's Best Movie". I said to my Mom, "let's go see it". It was either the first or 2nd day it opened at the Cooper Theatre in Denver. The Theatre was half empty. One week later the lines to get in went around the block.

The old Cooper theatre was THE best place to see Star Wars (a cinerama theatre built in the 60's)
                  "After years of changing hands, the massive theater was finally sold to Barnes & Noble, who razed it in 1994 to build a new store."

They should bulldoze all the B&N stores any day now.

Comment

My first memory ever is going to see Star Wars in Brea, CA with my Grandparents and my brother when I was 3.

May the 4th be with you!

Comment

Comment

Hopefully there will be a reveal from Episode 7 today, and not just the Star Wars Rebels trailer.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by titan View Post
                            That's where I saw it the first time too! During that opening scene, with that Star Destroyer that just keeps coming and coming and filling the screen, I just sank farther and farther down into the seat until I just about ended up on the floor. I wasn't aware I was doing it til I had to catch myself.

Comment

I'm more Star Trek than Star Wars, but until the Next Generation came out, I was into Star Wars more heavily. I had a lot of the books and the action figures. ROTJ has already been out a few years by the time I was old enough to understand the movies, so I definitely missed the boat there.

I love the Star Wars video games more than the Star Trek ones. The aliens in SW are much more randomized than Star Trek, who mostly featured humans with minor cosmetic changes. Hope the new movie is going to be good. The hype is going to be huge. If they can sit someone down to hold Abrams hand and show him what a logical plot should look like they should be ok. And keep Lucas away from any of the writing. Like a two mile quarantine for Mr "This is tense" please.

Comment

Working...
                              X