The Best Concert You Ever Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Concert You Ever Saw

I've seen a lot of bands over time, but one show really stands out to me. It was, I think, February of 1984, and the Allman Brothers played a little bar called the Little Bear in Evergreen. I was living up there then, so we trundled down not really knowing what to expect. It was before all of the sixties/seventies bands had started on round two of their popularity, and Gregg was married to Cher, face planting in his spaghetti, etc. I've never seen such a great show. They rocked that place off it's foundations. Chuck Leavell was the 2nd guitarist to Dickey, and they were both amazing. Gregg had his big Hammond on that little stage, Johnny Johanson was there... my expectations hadn't been that high, so maybe that's why I was so blown away. But let me tell you, it was LOUD.

Other days I might give a different answer, tho.

What is your single favorite show?

If I had to pick one I would probably say Steely Dan @ Red Rocks a few years back. Was absolutely amazing. The atmosphere was great, they sounded incredible, and Becker telling us we were "the best ****ing Dan crowd" he had ever seen was icing on the cake.

Honorable mentions: B.B. King's Blues Festival with Al Green and Etta James @ Red Rocks, and both Bob Dylan shows, one at Red Rocks the other at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, MI.

Comment

Metallica, November 2 1991 at the Palace in Auburn Hills

no opening act, but they played 22+ songs. My ears rang and my neck hurt for 5 days

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
        If I had to pick one I would probably say Steely Dan @ Red Rocks a few years back. Was absolutely amazing. The atmosphere was great, they sounded incredible, and Becker telling us we were "the best ****ing Dan crowd" he had ever seen was icing on the cake.

Honorable mentions: B.B. King's Blues Festival with Al Green and Etta James @ Red Rocks, and both Bob Dylan shows, one at Red Rocks the other at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, MI.

If you're talking about the 2006 show when Michael McDonald opened, then joined SD for some of the AJA songs, that one is definitely in my top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay View Post
          If you're talking about the 2006 show when Michael McDonald opened, then joined SD for some of the AJA songs, that one is definitely in my top 10.
          I heard that one was great too. I think mine was 2008 though. McDonald wasn't there. The "Think Fast Tour."

It started raining halfway through and some guys came out holding umbrellas over Fagen and Becker until it stopped lol. They had to strap the umbrellas to some pole stands.

Fagen was joking about having to build the ark on stage
          Last edited by ShiftyEyedWaterboy; 05-03-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

KISS- HSBC in Buffalo
            Marilyn Manson- Erie PA

Wow, great shows.

Bob Dylan, 6 Times different venues- great shows

Run DMC- Fredonia State College, front row.... What SN experience

Public Enemy- Denver last year... Met Flav and Chuck at the Curtis, both signed for me and got pics... Pretty cool

Comment

I heard that one was great too. I think mine was 2007 though. McDonald wasn't there. The "Think Fast Tour."

It started raining halfway through and some guys came out holding umbrellas over Fagen and Becker until it stopped lol. They had to strap the umbrellas to some pole stands.

Fagen was joking about having to build the ark on stage

Yeah, that was a great show, too. It was '08. Man, Fagan is just the best.

Comment

Social Distortion In Irvine around 2000. Right after Danell passed away they did this memorial concert. Played every ****ing song. Awesome.

Comment

Yeah, that was a great show, too. It was '08. Man, Fagan is just the best.
                  It was. I've been hunting for a bootleg for years now. Found about half the show on youtube though. Search "Steely Dan at Red Rocks." It will have the date on there if I'm remembering correctly. Not the best quality, but still cool.

Comment

Here's the umbrellas lol. The videos are on "Warren Roche"'s page

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HL1RV7jpivc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Five Iron Frenzy at the Holy Roller tour was really good.

But The Knife last month on the Shaking the Habitual Tour was about the best show I've seen.

Comment

It was. I've been hunting for a bootleg for years now. Found about half the show on youtube though. Search "Steely Dan at Red Rocks." It will have the date on there if I'm remembering correctly. Not the best quality, but still cool.

I may be able to get a decent copy of that show from my buddy. if I can, I'll shoot you a pm.

Comment

Slayer was impressive, early 90's.

Pink Floyd around the same time was pretty good too. I haven't been to a concert in over a decade :/

Comment

I may be able to get a decent copy of that show from my buddy. if I can, I'll shoot you a pm.
                            Would REALLY appreciate that if you could man. Would definitely buy you lunch lol

Comment

I've seen too many shows to say. So many stick out. I average about 5 concerts on the low yrs, 10 on the high yrs, going back to about 1987.

The Who reunion in like 89? was special. LA Colesium with 90 thousand people.

Comment

Working...
                              X