X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
    I have a song memory kind of like this. I distinctly remember listening to the song "Betty Davis Eyes" in the car with my family as we drove to Lake Powell for our annual trip.

I remember thinking it was sung by the same guy who sang "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". Of course that being Rod Stewart. I was about 6 at the time...
    Thank you! some chicks at work laughed at me a while back because I said I thought it was Rod Stewart who sang that song. Sounds just like him. You were 6 at the time, I thought it was Rod Stewart probably last summer. Easy mistake to make.

Leave a comment:

• Pick Six
    replied
    Originally posted by phibacka31 View Post
    not sure if serious...
    I'm absolutely serious. I probably wouldn't give that song a second thought, if it wasn't attached to some great memories...

Leave a comment:

• Rabb
    replied
    Night Ranger - Sister Christian

My two buddies and I were at this guy's house, trying to sell him a fake bag of coke. We needed money, long story. Was just the most bizarre thing in the world too, I really didn't want to be there and my buddy Todd went nuts and tried to hold the guy up and rob him instead of following through on the deal.

The weirdest part was the dude had some Chinese kid walking around half naked, throwing firecrackers around which made things just insanely nerve wracking. **** hit the fan, my buddy got shot and killed and the guy came after us but my other friend (Reed) and I managed to get out of there just barely.

Crazy night. Every time I hear that song now, takes me right back to it.

Leave a comment:

• Smiling Assassin27
    replied
    First slow dance with girl ever--Open Arms by Journey

Song that made me want to play guitar--Black Star by Yngwie Malmsteen

Greatest camping trip with best friends ever--Hey Hey My My by Neil Young

Leave a comment:

• phibacka31
    replied
    Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post

While it's not a SPECIFIC moment in time, I always have a special place in my heart for Grease's "Summer Nights". There are several times I would sing this, with my girlfriend, at karaoke. I always fondly remember this because she died, tragically...
    not sure if serious...

Leave a comment:

• Pick Six
    replied
    When I got into my car, after my VERY LAST high school final exam, Billy Joel's "The Longest Time" came on the radio.

While it's not a SPECIFIC moment in time, I always have a special place in my heart for Grease's "Summer Nights". There are several times I would sing this, with my girlfriend, at karaoke. I always fondly remember this because she died, tragically...

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    Originally posted by Taco John View Post
    Here's a funny one... When I was about 4 or 5, I can remember being in a Pizza Hut with my family, and there was a song on the radio, "Here I am, the one that you love" (by Air Supply) and I remember being just sure that the woman singing that song was the most beautiful woman in the world...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nY31ZH6hAFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I have a song memory kind of like this. I distinctly remember listening to the song "Betty Davis Eyes" in the car with my family as we drove to Lake Powell for our annual trip.

I remember thinking it was sung by the same guy who sang "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". Of course that being Rod Stewart. I was about 6 at the time so for years I swore Rod Stewart was the singer.

Of course it's Kim Carnes.

Leave a comment:

• gunns
    replied
    "Saturday in the Park" - heard it every Saturday for the entire summer of 72 when in the park trying to score some bud.

"Wind Beneath my Wings" - my daughter was in a kids singing group and sang this as a solo at a local events center. I cry every time I hear it.

"We Are the Champions" - Sang it over and over and over and over and over....the night of January 25, 1998 in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego, inside and outside.

Leave a comment:

• Taco John
    replied
    Here's a funny one... When I was about 4 or 5, I can remember being in a Pizza Hut with my family, and there was a song on the radio, "Here I am, the one that you love" (by Air Supply) and I remember being just sure that the woman singing that song was the most beautiful woman in the world...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nY31ZH6hAFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Dedhed
    replied
    Blind Melon: No Rain, bus ride to a soccer game my sophomore year of high school.

Leave a comment:

• Taco John
    replied
    Tool's "Schism"

I was surfing the Mane and found this thread.

Leave a comment:

• B-Large
    replied
    Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
    I lost my virginity to a girl to I Want You by Savage Garden
    Lost it to a guy to Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik.
    Learned to drive a stick to the soundtrack to Dune. (my dad is a weird guy)
    Last day of high school in South Park, Pa they kept playing the graduation song by vitamin C...over and over and over.
    BF I had in my early 20s made me a mix CD. First song was Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. Song now makes me sad and a little horny. He was a good guy. And I kinda hate that

Archer,

what is your position on Hall and Oates?

http://pajamasandcoffee.com/entertai...all-and-oates/

Straight, or maybe in question? I've seen them twice, been married for 8 years... Just having fun, of course brother

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    When I was seven, this neighbor lady drove me to the hospital where my mom was dying from a car accident. ELO's Livi Thing was on. How's that for uplifting?
    Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
    My mom died when I was 10... the movie beaches had come out a few years before and she loved it. We watched it the weekend before she suddenly passed and she was singing Wind beneath my wings by Bet Middler (on of her favorite songs).

We played the song at her wake and I still think of her today when i hear it.

Leave a comment:

• rmsanger
    replied
    My mom died when I was 10... the movie beaches had come out a few years before and she loved it. We watched it the weekend before she suddenly passed and she was singing Wind beneath my wings by Bet Middler (on of her favorite songs).

We played the song at her wake and I still think of her today when i hear it.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    When I was seven, this neighbor lady drove me to the hospital where my mom was dying from a car accident. ELO's Living Thing was on. How's that for uplifting?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X