That Song- Where I Was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Song- Where I Was

Everybody has songs they associate with a point in their lives... Hers a few of mine, share some of yours:

Silent Lucity- I had a friend a friend, he was an audiophile.... He had a sick set-up, the first time I heard this song was on his Martin Logan speakers.... Oh baby.

Semi Charmed Life- I was hooking up with this half Asian girl in college... She loved this song. We also watched Boyz in tha Hood one night then had a bender and lots of intercourse. I dumped he for a chick that wouldn't go any further that dry humping... I was so dumb

Tragedy, Bee Gees- in high school, this girl and we used to put on the Bee Gees when her parents left and do unspeakable at 15 years old... Tragedy ironically did not describe the intercourse.

Islands in the Stream- the song that was on when my wife and finished remodeling the first room in our house...

So what bout yous?
    Last edited by B-Large; 05-03-2014, 05:10 PM.

Hellyeah -Drink Drank Drunk pretty much sums it up

Comment

I lost my virginity to a girl to I Want You by Savage Garden
      Lost it to a guy to Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik.
      Learned to drive a stick to the soundtrack to Dune. (my dad is a weird guy)
      Last day of high school in South Park, Pa they kept playing the graduation song by vitamin C...over and over and over.
      BF I had in my early 20s made me a mix CD. First song was Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. Song now makes me sad and a little horny. He was a good guy. And I kinda hate that song.

Comment

When I was seven, this neighbor lady drove me to the hospital where my mom was dying from a car accident. ELO's Living Thing was on. How's that for uplifting?

Comment

My mom died when I was 10... the movie beaches had come out a few years before and she loved it. We watched it the weekend before she suddenly passed and she was singing Wind beneath my wings by Bet Middler (on of her favorite songs).

We played the song at her wake and I still think of her today when i hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
            When I was seven, this neighbor lady drove me to the hospital where my mom was dying from a car accident. ELO's Livi Thing was on. How's that for uplifting?
            Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
            My mom died when I was 10... the movie beaches had come out a few years before and she loved it. We watched it the weekend before she suddenly passed and she was singing Wind beneath my wings by Bet Middler (on of her favorite songs).

We played the song at her wake and I still think of her today when i hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
              I lost my virginity to a girl to I Want You by Savage Garden
              Lost it to a guy to Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik.
              Learned to drive a stick to the soundtrack to Dune. (my dad is a weird guy)
              Last day of high school in South Park, Pa they kept playing the graduation song by vitamin C...over and over and over.
              BF I had in my early 20s made me a mix CD. First song was Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. Song now makes me sad and a little horny. He was a good guy. And I kinda hate that

Archer,

what is your position on Hall and Oates?

http://pajamasandcoffee.com/entertai...all-and-oates/

Straight, or maybe in question? I've seen them twice, been married for 8 years... Just having fun, of course brother

Comment

Tool's "Schism"

I was surfing the Mane and found this thread.

Comment

Blind Melon: No Rain, bus ride to a soccer game my sophomore year of high school.

Comment

Here's a funny one... When I was about 4 or 5, I can remember being in a Pizza Hut with my family, and there was a song on the radio, "Here I am, the one that you love" (by Air Supply) and I remember being just sure that the woman singing that song was the most beautiful woman in the world...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nY31ZH6hAFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

"Saturday in the Park" - heard it every Saturday for the entire summer of 72 when in the park trying to score some bud.

"Wind Beneath my Wings" - my daughter was in a kids singing group and sang this as a solo at a local events center. I cry every time I hear it.

"We Are the Champions" - Sang it over and over and over and over and over....the night of January 25, 1998 in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego, inside and outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                        Here's a funny one... When I was about 4 or 5, I can remember being in a Pizza Hut with my family, and there was a song on the radio, "Here I am, the one that you love" (by Air Supply) and I remember being just sure that the woman singing that song was the most beautiful woman in the world...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nY31ZH6hAFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                        I have a song memory kind of like this. I distinctly remember listening to the song "Betty Davis Eyes" in the car with my family as we drove to Lake Powell for our annual trip.

I remember thinking it was sung by the same guy who sang "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". Of course that being Rod Stewart. I was about 6 at the time so for years I swore Rod Stewart was the singer.

Of course it's Kim Carnes.

Comment

When I got into my car, after my VERY LAST high school final exam, Billy Joel's "The Longest Time" came on the radio.

While it's not a SPECIFIC moment in time, I always have a special place in my heart for Grease's "Summer Nights". There are several times I would sing this, with my girlfriend, at karaoke. I always fondly remember this because she died, tragically...

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post

While it's not a SPECIFIC moment in time, I always have a special place in my heart for Grease's "Summer Nights". There are several times I would sing this, with my girlfriend, at karaoke. I always fondly remember this because she died, tragically...
                            not sure if serious...

Comment

First slow dance with girl ever--Open Arms by Journey

Song that made me want to play guitar--Black Star by Yngwie Malmsteen

Greatest camping trip with best friends ever--Hey Hey My My by Neil Young

Comment

Working...
                              X