So anyone else have low testosterone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So anyone else have low testosterone?

Just got the labs back from my primary care physician. I went for annual check-up complaining about the belly fat I've accumulated and the fact that despite working out, I'm exhausted quite a bit. In all fairness, I love ice cream and I'm married so I don't try as hard. I'm also in my mid 30's so I figure it might be age. There were other things though, like I have been making small mental errors and had difficulty focusing. I've actually noticed this posting here. I'll leave off punctuation and make spelling errors, leave off articles before words... predict a close SB game - clearly something is physically wrong with my mind.

So my Doc says he wants to check my hormones. Fine. We get checked and I register 114 nano-grams (men are usually between 300-800. I'm sure there will be some OM posters here telling us they have a billion ng.) Because of the way the T-levels bind to proteins, and the less than accurate way they test free testosterone, they just test a total and like to re-test. I take some vitamin D, prescription strength and eat a bunch of zinc filled foods and some fats. I'm trying to lift weights and do some burst fast-twitch cardio. So thinking I helped I get tested again....and it's at 128. All that work and I got 14 freaking NG out of it. I'm still tired all the time.

Just to be thorough he's tested a lot of other things on my second visit. My ferritin is safely low, which apparently rules out hemochromatosis, which runs in my family on my Mom's side. My other hormone levels are very safe as well, Pituitary, growth hormone, etc. My blood pressure and cholesterol are awesome. It's just my freaking testosterone. I am glad I'm not seeing one of those hack aging centers where they just stick you with testosterone if you feel tired, but this is looking to be a real issue. Anyone else have or know of someone who has had any experience in this?

Don't know anyone personally, but I hear low testosterone is the first steps to getting a full on sex change. So the good news is, half of the work is already done for you. Congrats on your new life style change! I'm sure you will make a handsome woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      Just got the labs back from my primary care physician. I went for annual check-up complaining about the belly fat I've accumulated and the fact that despite working out, I'm exhausted quite a bit. In all fairness, I love ice cream and I'm married so I don't try as hard. I'm also in my mid 30's so I figure it might be age. There were other things though, like I have been making small mental errors and had difficulty focusing. I've actually noticed this posting here. I'll leave off punctuation and make spelling errors, leave off articles before words... predict a close SB game - clearly something is physically wrong with my mind.

So my Doc says he wants to check my hormones. Fine. We get checked and I register 114 nano-grams (men are usually between 300-800. I'm sure there will be some OM posters here telling us they have a billion ng.) Because of the way the T-levels bind to proteins, and the less than accurate way they test free testosterone, they just test a total and like to re-test. I take some vitamin D, prescription strength and eat a bunch of zinc filled foods and some fats. I'm trying to lift weights and do some burst fast-twitch cardio. So thinking I helped I get tested again....and it's at 128. All that work and I got 14 freaking NG out of it. I'm still tired all the time.

Just to be thorough he's tested a lot of other things on my second visit. My ferritin is safely low, which apparently rules out hemochromatosis, which runs in my family on my Mom's side. My other hormone levels are very safe as well, Pituitary, growth hormone, etc. My blood pressure and cholesterol are awesome. It's just my freaking testosterone. I am glad I'm not seeing one of those hack aging centers where they just stick you with testosterone if you feel tired, but this is looking to be a real issue. Anyone else have or know of someone who has had any experience in this?
      Yours is no longer the Superior...

Comment

Hows your estrogen?

jk. Nope, don't know anyone. Probably lay off the board games for awhile you dork.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
          Yours is no longer the Superior...
          Apparently it hasn't been for some time...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1ytCEuuW2_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I have no useful information, other than stay away from all those Low T Center places popping up in strip malls all over the dang place!

Comment

chemtrails

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
                I have no useful information, other than stay away from all those Low T Center places popping up in strip malls all over the dang place!
                Yeah I hear you. I got this from a physical exam with my actually-graduated-from-medical-school doctor. It was actually his idea. I thought maybe my CPAP needed to be re-calibrated. I am not fond of the idea of having to get hormones injected. I am even less enthused if they need to do an MRI to make sure there isn't something worse.

Comment

I had mine checked at my yearly physical and it was just over 300. I too put on some weight and have been constantly fatigued. My doctor would have prescribed something but we were trying to conceive at the time. Since then I started working out again and am in much better shape. I am interested to see what it is now. If it is still low I will take something.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                    I had mine checked at my yearly physical and it was just over 300. I too put on some weight and have been constantly fatigued. My doctor would have prescribed something but we were trying to conceive at the time. Since then I started working out again and am in much better shape. I am interested to see what it is now. If it is still low I would take something.
                    It's odd he didn't prescribe something since low testosterone can affect fertility.

Comment

Mine is around 70. I used test when I was younger and it never came back. I was off for 6 years and still around 70 ng/DL. Full disclosure I was never tested before I used so I have no baseline.

Meatheads will say I did not use the right post cycle but I did.

Comment

Yeah I hear you. I got this from a physical exam with my actually-graduated-from-medical-school doctor. It was actually his idea. I thought maybe my CPAP needed to be re-calibrated. I am not fond of the idea of having to get hormones injected. I am even less enthused if they need to do an MRI to make sure there isn't something worse.
                        Exercise, particularly weightlifting, is suppose to have a positive affect on testosterone. Diet also plays a role. Testosterone is made from unsaturated fats, and low zinc will hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                          Mine is around 70. I used test when I was younger and it never came back. I was off for 6 years and still around 70 ng/DL. Full disclosure I was never tested before I used so I have no baseline.

Meatheads will say I did not use the right post cycle but I did.
                          That's very interesting. How long did you use? I didn't know people that did steroids would never be able to get back to the way they were.

I've never been on anything like that. Doc said my medications wouldn't be a contributing factor either.

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
                            Exercise, particularly weightlifting, is suppose to have a positive effect on testosterone. Diet also plays a role. Testosterone is made from unsaturated fats, and low zinc will hurt you.
                            You didn't read my OP, did you?

Comment

You didn't read my OP, did you?
                              Guilty as charged. lol, i'll go back and read it.

EDIT: ok now that I actually read it. Opps.
                              Last edited by HILife; 04-28-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X